3 Days post-op...should I bother icing my swollen eyes?

Jersey23

As expected, my forehead swelling is now firmly around my eyebrows and eyes. The bridge of my nose is now twice the size, which partially obscures my eyes (although my vision is fine...it just feels tight).

My kids keep asking me to look at them so they could get a good laugh! Anyway, I haven't iced anything yet and was wondering if it will reduce the swelling if I did or should I just let mother nature takes its course and be patient.

i agree petient, i got swollen 3 days after and it feaked me out cuase i said what,, all of a sudden, i got lucky it wasnt as bad, just the bridge of my nose it looked wierd, but it did last about 3 days and it was gone, i didnt ice it, but i did sleep with my head elevated for the first 5 days of my ht, almost in a sitting possition i think that helped a little uncompfortable but i made it , good luck

Make sure you keep your head elevated....

Walk around the house every couple of hours or so and if ice makes you feel better, go ahead and use it.

I am not sure it will reduce the swelling, but many of us have said that it simply makes them feel better.

I know Bill recently posted on this so maybe you could give the ice a try and report back to us?

Anyway, hang in there, relax and I hope you feel better soon!!!!!

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

It really wouldn't do much good in that scenario and like Irish Homer said, a couple of days and it'll be gone.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

I doesn't hurt, it just looks and feels funny. I've been very dilligent in keeping it elevated and making sure I sleep upright. I think I'll continue that for a couple of more nights.

I guess I'll let the swelling continue down...bet the wife will like that icon_biggrin.gif.

Now your thinking with the right "parts"

Glad you in such good spirits Jersey!!!!!!

Remember..... NO MONKEY BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!

All your swelling is going to go to waste......... icon_biggrin.gif

LOL!!!!

J

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.