Caps and HT hair growth direction

Hi All,

Hope this doesnt sound like an odd question. After wearing my cap for 8-10 hours (work).On removing my cap, the grafts that are still in place are left pointing in all directions. Could this affect the final angle/direction that the ht hair grows at?? This is something that is concerning me more n more.

6 HTs !!

around 7690g!!

How many days post-op are you? IMO after the grafts are seated and secured at around 10 days post-op or so you should be safe; if you could wear your hat in a way wear the cap isn't touching the grafts and/or is loose fitting that would be ideal.

Ta dh75. Exact 1 month. I know the grafts are secure about 10 days post-op but its something thats been realy annoying me. Grafts are in the hairline and just behind, thats kinda where the cap sits, cant realy do anything about that.

6 HTs !!

around 7690g!!

dazza,

You are safe to wear a loose fitting hat even on the moment after your surgery and the grafts will be safe. At one month, you are certainly safe to wear whatever you want on your head without impacting growth.

I am however, a believer in letting your scalp and hair breathe. Though growth yield won't be effected - I think exposing your scalp to air will help facilitate overall healing.

Bill

I'm with Bill on hats! I don't think you'll have any issue with the hat affecting the direction your hair grows at this point, but I would recommend going without one if you can.

I remember after my HT's, when I'd wear a hat, even for the first few months, I always just felt like my scalp needed to breathe............not sure if anyone else felt this way. Eventually that feeling went away but I'd recommend going hatless if you can.

Peace,

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.