side effects of Propecia

Mortimer

are there any other side effects of Propecia other than decreased sperm volume and possible erection failure?

someone told me about some further and more complex problems. I had my HT in late 2003, and I have been using it eversine. I intend to use it until I am 40, which makes me a total of 3 years of usage. Are there any other things I should consider about this medicine?

Hello Mortimer,

It would be hard for me to share any expereince yet. I am on Propercia since last 5 weeks, but haven't expereiced any possible side effect(s).

BTW, you started a very interesting discussion over here, hope we'll have more members joining.....

Bobby

From Propecia.com:

In general use, the following side effects have been reported: allergic reactions including rash, itching, hives, and swelling of the lips and face; problems with ejaculation; breast tenderness and enlargement; and testicular pain. You should promptly report to your doctor any changes in your breasts such as lumps, pain, or nipple discharge. Tell your doctor about these or any other side effects.

More information is available in a recent post I made:

Propecia 101

I will be writing up some more updated info very soon. By the way, I am moving this thread to a a more appropriate location.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog