sweet jesus of the moat: Dutasteride results....

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=72517

Simply incredible, and for but 6months....unreal. The subject also talks about hairs sprouting up "everywhere"; my main concern with switching over to Dut asap is that there might be a finite, longetivity for each drug's efficacy and I wouldn't want to squander 5odd years of working propecia...But, if Dut passes all the trials it's going to be very tempting to make a switch over given how powerful the drug seems.

As an aside, the subject also mentions his one side-effect being an increased libido! icon_smile.gif

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Guest josh - b

Those results are good.

However i suspect some lucky people will just have a fantastic response to dht blockers full stop while for most of the rest of us they just stabilise a bad situation (which is still great)

Look at Billonnys finasteride results in the q+a section posted recently. Just as impressive i think.

Now where is that lotion that regrew all of homers simpsons hair overnight?

His results do look good.

Personally, I feel it's best only consider dudasteride if finasteride doesn't work or loses its effectiveness. I'm also a little concerned for patients who order online medication especially after a doctor refused to prescribe it for them.

But I am glad for this patient that he doesn't appear to be experiencing side effects and seemingly has restored a good amount of his crown hair.

Bill

some people,lucky people have great results and one that stands out for me is a guy called tommytwo on shln.

i met him and he showed me before pictures of his crown and then i had a look at his crown after he`d been on proscar,you could have knocked me down with a feather,his results are amazing.

i wish mine were like his but if the shoe doesn`t fit icon_confused.gif

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

AFAIK, dut blocks a (much) greater % of dht than propecia; it is FDA approved, but still hasn't finished some types of testing and approvals....thus the hesitance of many doctors to prescribe it.

Propecia is still the gold standard, but like Bill mentioned if you don't respond well to it or start losing ground I think dut can be a sound move. Either way, it's exciting to know that dut may very well end up being the replacement to Propecia's throne.

Bottom line is that it may very well be stronger and have greater scope than propecia; it's unknown how well any individual will respond to either drug, but your chances of halting -- and regrowing -- hair loss may very well be better with Dut.

Also, I wonder if you had bad side effects w/ propecia if you could try dut and perhaps end up being in the clear.

-----------

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

"as far as I know"....too much time in the past spent typing on chess n' poker forums and picking up e-terminology.....

-----------

Oh, and you are bearing witness to me being at my most restrained! Back in the golden age of chess forums I was commonly -- and not without due justice, nor brevity -- referred to as "The Man With A Thousand Acronyms"....

Also, in case you missed it, the main guy in that thread (and I personally know of another), report *increased* libido; other's like what you said report having their genitalia shrink like a human head to a vodoo master. I think at the end of the day you just gotta do like the 60's and experiment. And, the more you stress and obsess over possible side-effects the greater your chances are of noticing/"experiencing" something, IMO. icon_wink.gif

-----------

wait---- are you saying you personally KNOW the dude with the growing lions mame of a crown!!!???

you can attest to its beauty and the truth of its growth?

please advise...

and this stuff is FDA approved, so a doc could prescribe it if he wanted to?

Also, just to clarify things. With respect to the active ingredients and brand names:

Finastriside (spelling?)= propecia, proscar

Dut= Avodart

"Growing lions mame of a crown".....indeed! And this is without the use of rogaine or any other drug. The more I think about it, the more important it is to do whatever you can to get a stable crown and mid-back region....if you can keep that and your temples solid, even if you don't have Nitro-donor you should be able to get *great* results.

My boy's frontal region is still in need of repair, though, and I am his personal guinea pig for whether to get an HT or not.

Those brand names are correct, btw.

-----------

Avodart (Dudasteride) is not FDA approved as a hair loss treatment. In theory, it is a more potent DHT inhibitor as it blocked not only type II, but also type I 5-alpha-reductase enzymes which when combined with testosterone, create dihydrotestosterone (DHT). What I have read is that type I 5-alpha-reductase enzymes are also found in the brain. It's a little scary to think that these enzymes could be inhibited. I have no information as to what problems that may or may not cause, it is just a bit scary in my opinion.

Side effects of avodart (dudasteride), are also potentially more potent.

Bill

Thx for that clarification and info....so the drug "is" FDA approved, but not for hair loss. And that is pretty ominous about those brain-related enzymes that may or may not be an issue.

That fact alone scares me off, even if it is a very remote possibility. I'm curious to see what happens w/ the FDA regarding hair-loss and Dut and what official warnings they give.

-----------

lol! I guess I am his HT-guinea pig, and he is my Dut-guinea pig...

Various people -- young people, specifically -- I've seen on various forums do seem to be getting on Dut before giving propecia a legit shot...pretty big gamble, it seems; making a rash decision when panic over hair loss kicks in and you just wanna clutch onto whatever looks to be the best...even if there is a big ? mark attached.

-----------

i was on fin for over a year and had good regrowth in the crown(see my photo album befores)

i then felt i was getting sides(brainfog,lethargy,low sd,etc)so stopped and lost all the crown.i started again for a few months but nothing grew back,panic set in and i bought dut.i was on this maybe 6-8 months low sex drive even worse than fin,felt grotty all the time icon_frown.gif

on the advice of mick(farjos)i swapped back to fin(8 mths now).it may be stabilising my hairloss but i never got that hair back on my crown.

moral of story...if it aint broke..

p.s. since being made redundant sex drive is through the roof icon_cool.gifso maybe fin wasnt to blame!

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

• 5 years later...