PIMPLES OR RASH ON FOREHEAD AFTER HT ??????

MIKIEB

Hey MikieB I had the same sort of thing happen to me at about the 7/8 week mark. I had acne with some serious redness, I got in touch with my doc and he gave me some meds to clear it up. I really think the root cause was some sort of allergic reaction to the minox, I also stopped using that and everything cleared up in a couple of weeks. I also took Spex advice and tried some witch hazel...not really sure what exactly cleared things up for me but I'm in the clear now!

It sounds like tumbleweed may have shared a similar experience but the only type of pimples you normally hear about are from ingrown hairs. If I were you, I'd call my HT doc and get some expert advice.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

I haven't had any yet except one did show up that seems to be a result of irritation from the ballcap I've been wearing.

I got this ballcap from Dr. Cooley, and a very nice ballcap it is too, but I'm not really a ballcap kind of guy and so I got some irritation from it.

I've seen plenty of posts about pimples and raised areas within the HT area, but it isn't clear to me whether this is inside the HT or not. Calling it the forehead though tends to lead me to believe its outside the HT area, in which case you can try some ordinary zit meds.

Keep in mind that pimples can be caused by tension too, and an HT can be a stressful experience even if all goes well, as it has been so far in my case.

mark h

Hi,

Yep, had that too...though thankfully not that extensively. They stopped appearing at about the two-month point, and before that would only appear here and there. Part of it could have been my wearing a hat quite often (all day at work, whenever I was outside) during the warm summer months.

Benjamin