11th hour save

DJF

I didn't know about this site or Forum before going for my consultation at MHR. So many negative comments here about MHR (Leavitt) that I have to believe this over the advertising and as a result looking elsewhere. I'll travel anywhere in the US to work with a top surgeon. I would appreciate any advice on those considered the best.

I didn't know about this site or Forum before going for my consultation at MHR. So many negative comments here about MHR (Leavitt) that I have to believe this over the advertising and as a result looking elsewhere. I'll travel anywhere in the US to work with a top surgeon. I would appreciate any advice on those considered the best.

Please avoid MHR for multiple reasons.

Alan Feller

Ron Shapiro

Sharon Keene.

Alexander- out of Arizona

Paul Rose.

Those are my top 5 in US in no particular order There are other good surgeons ,but the list is short.

State what your looking for as far as work needed,and one of these gurus will help you find what your looking for.

Djf,

Count your blessings. Not to say that there are not some good MHR doctors out there, but I don't know of any.

The list above is a good one. I personally believe that there is approx. 10 or so elite physicians in North America. Also consider looking at Dr. True, Dr. Limmer, Dr. Rahal, and Dr. Hasson or Dr. Wong. The last 3 are in Canada but don't let that scare you as they are certainly in my top 5. This is a serious endevour and something that has NO turning back. Go to only one of the best in the world. The pricing surprisingly is not too different and in most cases is believe it or not cheaper than MHR or Bosley. Good luck.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Thanks for the information and insight. Very appreciative. When I called MHR back and cancelled they tried to discredit the feedback from this site and said there are bad reports out there about numerous surgeons. They said they can counter anything negative from the postings here with dozens of satisfied customers. I don't know if that is true or not but the way I see it where there's smoke there's fire and there are simply too many people on this site with consistent negative views of MHR. I'd be an idiot to not pay attention and I will complete the necessary due diligence before going forward. I've already contacted a few of the surgeons recommended here. There is too much at stake to go about it any other way. Man I'm glad I found this site!

DJF-

I'm glad I found this site too before my HT (check out my 6 month progress with Dr. Feller I just posted today). It helped me understand the difference between good doctors and the rest as well as the differences between the best doctors (some are known for hairline work, some for megasessions, some for crown work, etc.)

I'm sure MHR has done some good work, but they also have plenty of unsatisfied patients. What's important is consistency. The Coalition doctors have a proven track record of high standards and consistent results. Why look anywhere else?

Best of luck going forward!

Jersey

2/22/07 3000 Grafts with Dr. Feller

DJF,

You've found a great spot to start your research and you are wise to question everything you read, here, there, everywhere. I'm sure that they think they can counter everything said here but the problem is that they won't actually do it themselves. I'd love to debate the issues with someone from their organization right here on the forums but I don't think that will happen.

Regardless, talk is just that, talk. Do lots of reading, speak to patients and meet some if you can so that you can come to your own conclusions of what is best for you. Good luck.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

DJF,

I'm glad you found this site at the right time.

Research is the key to a successful hair transplant.

All of our coalition doctors have met our high level of membership standards.

Choosing among the best is very subjective. Spend sometime researching doctors you are considering by using the find feature of our community. There you will be able to find up to 5 years of writings, posts, patient photos of the particular clinic.

This will help make the decision making process easier.

Cheers,

Bill