My 2-day session with Dr. Sharon Keene (10/2 & 10/3/07)

Furless

Gorpy,

disclaimer:

I do not get paid to endorse and/or promote any doctor. Nor do I perform experiments on watermelons in an effort to make myself appear to be a doctor while promoting a certain technique.

This comment is inappropriate and is a blatant attempt to start a fight with JoTronic. Furthermore, it is irrelevant to this thread entirely.

The problem with BSpot's statement:

"If/When you decide to go again, make sure you ask for a few more singles to feather the hairline (if needed of course)"

is that it is NOT a question. The presumption is made that he NEEDS them. It's the way you stated it.

A better way to state a question would be:

It is not up to you to determine how somebody voices their opinion. B Spot's question/concern is a valid one and one that should only be addressed by the clinic or the patient.

I don't think we need question Dr. Keene's technique and ability to create a feathered hairline, do we?

Frankly, I find your constant defense of Dr. Keene tiresome. People have a right to question anything and everything as every hair restoration clinic is open to public criticism.

I personally believe however, in Dr. Keene's ability to perform state of the art hair transplantation therefore, I'm sure that she has good reasons for her decisions. Furless has already addressed these posted above.

Please do not attempt to speak for Dr. Keene as you are not employed by them and can't know Dr. Keene's motives for her decisions on every hair transplant patient. You are however, entitled to state your opinions like everyone else.

I do not want to hijack Furless' thread anymore with pointless bantor. Let's focus our attention back to him.

Please play nice or don't play at all (this comment is for everyone).

Bill

It is not up to you to determine how somebody voices their opinion. B Spot's question/concern is a valid one and one that should only be addressed by the clinic or the patient.

If not me then who? The one statement TELLING him to be sure to ask for more singles next time was a presumptuous statement to say the least and has NOTHING to do inquiring about how this was done.

I have no problem with anyone asking legitimate questions.

I do not get paid to endorse and/or promote any doctor. Nor do I perform experiments on watermelons in an effort to make myself appear to be a doctor while promoting a certain technique.

This comment is inappropriate and is a blatant attempt to start a fight with JoTronic. Furthermore, it is irrelevant to this thread entirely.

I thought it was funny. Jotronic shows no respect for me or this site so I show none for him.

Frankly, I find your constant defense of Dr. Keene tiresome. People have a right to question anything and everything as every hair restoration clinic is open to public criticism.

Frankly, I find the fact that this site is dominated by you and the clinic employees to be tiring.

The reason I defend Dr. Keene's clinic is it's the one I know the most about AND I feel somewhat of an obligation to balance out the paid promoters on this site.

So Frankly, I am about ready to leave this site. If it were not for some of the good friends I have made, I would have no problem doing that (I can hear the clinic employees rejoicing at the thought).

Besides, you joe and Bspot can answer any question out there (in your own biased way). Why do you really need and real patients who are not associated with clinics?

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Gorpy,

I thought it was funny. Jotronic shows no respect for me or this site so I show none for him.

But there was no reason for this. Where is Joe's disrespect for you on this thread? If I see Joe disrespect you for no reason, I would rebuke him also. It's just simply not called for period.

Frankly, I find the fact that this site is dominated by you and the clinic employees to be tiring.

The number of patient posters far outweighs the number of clinical employees. Clinical employees exist on every forum community and so do moderators. A moderator's job is to keep things balanced and promote an accurate representation of the facts. As a three year member of this community and a long time patient advocate, I suppose I do tend to go beyond my moderator duties by attempting to help those who need it. If you have a personal problem with me, I'm sorry to hear that. But this is your problem, not mine. I do what I can to help and greatly value the members of this community who go out of their way to help people (especially patient members - to name a few: Mrjb, NervousNelly, wanthairs, EmuSteve, giants, nobuzz4me, PleaseGrowPlease, rp1979...the list goes on).

So Frankly, I am about ready to leave this site. If it were not for some of the good friends I have made, I would have no problem doing that

This is your choice. Why do you have to make everything so personal? I have always valued and appreciated most of your contributions. But if you choose to leave, you do so on your own terms. You are not being asked to leave.

Best wishes,

Bill

No, Gorpy can't go! I am a gorpy groupie icon_smile.gif

Come on guys. There are always agreements and disagreements in any technincal discussion, and that's not limited to the field of hair-restoration.

(If you think this is bad, you should attend one of the meeting at my work place icon_smile.gif)

My take on this is that each member has a right to post/defend his thoughts or critique those of other posters. No harm, no foul. And moderation should only be required when things get out of hand imho. (Just my $0.02)

The other key thing to keep in mind for anybody that reads anything on the internet (not limited to this forum, this field or this topic) is that while the internet is a great information gathering tool, not everything you read is necessarily true.

One has to exercise due diligence and talk to a reputed trained professional in that field or refer to reputed text/reference books to clear any doubts and ascertain the facts.

I am always up for a technical debate, but am just not qualified enough in this field and do not want to dispense information which may not be accurate.

But if trained reputed surgeons decide to debate on this topic, the courtside seats + popcorn's on me icon_smile.gif

2-day session with Dr. Keene.

1's: 297; 2's: 1186; 3's: 1382; 4's: 999

Total grafts : 3864

Averaging 2.85 hairs/graft. Total hairs: ~11000.

Very well stated Furless--you are a wise person. Best of luck with your recovery. Things are going to be awesome. I can't wait to see the development of another Dr. Keene creation.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Furless,

I'm sorry that I contributed to this thread getting out of hand.

Anyway, this thread is yours and we shouldn't take that away from you.

I'd still like to know whether or not your hair count was before or after some DFUs were created - this will help clarify whether or not you naturally had such a small number of single hairs, or whether or not some of them were used to create larger FU grafts.

Either way, I look forward to seeing your results and I'm sure they will come out great!

Heal well.

Bill

Originally posted by Gorpy:

Bill you made me laugh. Do you really think I work for Dr. Keene?

It is insane to even think this. First of all your posting behaviour isn't remotely similar to that of a clinic employee. Second, if you did, which you don't, you would have disclosed it.

That just sounds a little silly to me. If, based on Dr. Paul Shapiro's statement about how many singles he uses for the hairline, I said - "BSpot, would you pass this along to Dr. Shapiro for me. 3 to 4 hundred singles for building a hairline sound a little unrefined to me. Could you start placing 5 to 6 hundred starting with your next patient (if needed of course)?

See how silly that sounds?

Now that you mention it ....

disclaimer:

Hah.

FYI - In Dr. Seager's paper on micrograft size he said he generally observed 10% one-haired grafts, 50-60% two-haired grafts, and the remainder obviously three/four/possibly five-haired grafts in Caucasian patients.

"Refinement" has nothing to do with hair counts per graft, so I'm glad that was corrected.

Furless - semantics aside I would bet on you having an excellent result with excellent density.

I'm sorry that I contributed to this thread getting out of hand.

Anyway, this thread is yours and we shouldn't take that away from you.

[\QUOTE]

No foul what-so-ever, Bill.

imo the discussion was quite relevant and educational. Like I said, we should all feel free to disagree with each other and occasional fire-works are a part of the game.

I'd still like to know whether or not your hair count was before or after some DFUs were created - this will help clarify whether or not you naturally had such a small number of single hairs, or whether or not some of them were used to create larger FU grafts.

[\QUOTE]

I have requested this clarification from the clinic. I will post an update as soon as I have the information.

At day 10, scabs are going away and so are a lot of the grafts. Of course this was expected, but it's sad to see them leave nonetheless. Can't wait for them to grow back with renewed vigor.

Thank you all for the comments and the best wishes.

Thanks trigger.

I will try and post pics of the scar later today.

I had a 2 day session - a strip was cut from the right side the first day (yielding ~2200 grafts) and from the left, the second day.

Both were tricho closures.

The yield from the first day went completely into the frontal 1+ inch and the temples. The second day yield covered rest of the area.

This reminds me, there was some discussion on how hard a 2-day session is on a patient. I will post my experience on that soon.

• 2 months later...

Happy New Year, guys.

I've uploaded my pics at just over 3 months.

(as is always the case, it looks better in person than it does in pics)

The 3 months after surgery actually flew by - I managed to stay away from the mirror - in fact there were many days where the fact that I'd had an HT wouldn't be on my mind.

Post 3 months now, with some action going on I am more anxious and awaiting growth.

I had considerable shockloss in the donor region on the left side. It's slowly starting to fill in now.

Can't expect much @ but 3 months, but it looks like you have healed nicely and the fun is just about to begin for ya!. I think your ultimate results are going to be damn good; your diffuse thinning should be nice "filler" for the transplanted hairs, and you received a truly robust number. I'm curious to see what your density is going to be like.

Good to hear about your shockloss starting to reverse itself. Next time you wish us Happy New Year your going to be a newly hair-ridden man...

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Hey furless.

Just curious when you feel the worst of your shockloss occured.

I realize we all heal and react differently but I'm six weeks post -op (2872 graphs) and wondering if i'm over the hump with regards to shockloss.

Also your a lucky guy...I got 5152 hairs out of my 2872 graphs....you're killing me with that hair count !!!!! NO soup for you !!!! (sorry...Big Seinfeld fan here)

Happy New Year to all !!!

More_hair

All the pictures I have seen on here from Dr. Keene have been very good. In addition it seems she always had the patients best interest in mind with her conservative approach..

I look forward to seeing this result as well.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!