hair transplantation

my age is 25 i beginning to see the top portion of my hair thinning. will it be too young to do hair tansplantation?

i understand that its using the back of the hair to the top, if i do that, will my back area of the hair began to be looking bald?

my age is 25 i beginning to see the top portion of my hair thinning. will it be too young to do hair tansplantation?

i understand that its using the back of the hair to the top, if i do that, will my back area of the hair began to be looking bald?

Tnim,

It seems 25 is right on the fence as far as ages to consider a transplant. Other factors should be discussed with your doctor.

Five months ago I had a strip cut from the back of my head, almost ear to ear, with 2500 grafts taken out and then the strip sewn back. I'm telling you, it is unnoticeable where those grafts were taken from.

So, in the right hands your answer is no. However, you have to be careful about the clinic you go to b/c it does happen when the scar is so big you are bald back there.

Read some of the Q&A's on this site, take your time to learn all about it.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

You are at the youngest level I would recommend. Get a personal consult/or internet consult if out of state.

Also, be VERY conservative in your approach-- dont deplete your donor for potential future HL and if cloning/ect ever comes around-- you want some donor hair to work with.

SMOOTHY

Dr. Shapiro

Propecia/Rogaine xtra

MSM/Saw Palmetto

Nioxin Shampoo line

Zrii 3oz daily

Age is somewhat overblown IMO insofar as it relates to what you are truly working with; it is one factor out of many and not necessarily the most important. Family history, actual amount of loss, any discernable pattern, stabilization/meds, rate of loss, hair charachteristics, donor supply, finances, mental state, goals, how strongly your feelings are, et. al. need to be considered in tandem. I can't say whether or not you are too young or too old, but the fact that you've posted here, inquiring, probably means it isn't some outlandish idea, and you should certaintly seek further information, as already stated.

Do some consults with some reputable clinics (live or online) and see what's what. You could also post some pics here and get some honest feedback.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Everyone's already given you really good answers. I'd just like to add, that an HT should be your last resort. It is permanent and irreversible. I'd recommend getting on fines (propecia) and minox (rogaine) if you're in the early stages and see if you can stop or slow down MPB before you consider an HT.

- badger

3279 grafts with Dr Gabel - 06/12/08

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Gabel