uneven regrowth?

I'm a 35-year-old woman who had male-pattern balding. I was about a Norwood 2 when I went in for my HT a little over 3 months ago (Feb. 9) with Dr. Blaine Lehr in OKC.

Healing has gone well, though I had some shock loss where he worked the margins. Here's my question:

Over the past few weeks, I've started to notice regrowth in the recipient site. This is exciting! But I have a slight concern...it seems to be coming in a little better/faster on my left side than my right. I had a different technician planting the hairs on each side of my head, could this explain the slight difference? Or is this completely normal? I don't want to be too quick to judge this soon into the regrowth process.

Perhaps I should just sit tight another month or two before really starting to judge the results?

Anyone heard anything from Island Girl in a while, BTW?

I'm a 35-year-old woman who had male-pattern balding. I was about a Norwood 2 when I went in for my HT a little over 3 months ago (Feb. 9) with Dr. Blaine Lehr in OKC.

Healing has gone well, though I had some shock loss where he worked the margins. Here's my question:

Over the past few weeks, I've started to notice regrowth in the recipient site. This is exciting! But I have a slight concern...it seems to be coming in a little better/faster on my left side than my right. I had a different technician planting the hairs on each side of my head, could this explain the slight difference? Or is this completely normal? I don't want to be too quick to judge this soon into the regrowth process.

Perhaps I should just sit tight another month or two before really starting to judge the results?

Anyone heard anything from Island Girl in a while, BTW?

Uneven regrowth is not uncommon during month 3 or 4. If it goes much past 4.5 month period I would contact Dr.Lehr with this concern. Sometimes grafts will grow in quicker in some spots. As always, call and voice your concerns with your doctor, you paid for the service, now use it without impunity!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Thanks, B spot, for the helpful words. Just a little helpful background info, I had a little more than 1500 grafts placed into the temples to restore a more "feminine" hairline. My hairline had been receded since age 18, and had stayed stable since then.

Hello, I had surgery with Dr. Lehr about a week prior to you. I have noticed the same thing, but seems to be picking up a little. I haven't called the doc to voice a concern as I felt it was still pretty early. Mine is also growing faster behind the hair line vs on it.

My right side grew almost instantly between 3 - 4 months (you can see the difference if you look at my photos in the photo section) but the left side came in more slowly. Now at 6 months it's fairly even and stubble is still coming through on the left side. I was also worried that something had gone wrong on my left side with different technicians working on each side. By 5 months the left side had caught up - I don't think you have anything to worry about, it's fairly common.

PB

Wow, any growth at 9 weeks is pretty amazing.

I am about a week and 1/2 short of four months and seeing (and feeling stubble) quite a bit of hair starting to sprout. It is very thin and am expecting it to thicken quite a bit.

Patience is VERY difficult, but I am trying. Keep your head up, not much you can do but wait.