Caucasion/African American Grafts

I got these pics from Dr. Harris's website and because we have been discussing this issue lately, I thought it would be great to see firsthand the difference between the Caucausion and African American hair follicles.

Caucasion_Grafts.jpg.2961d3de207d02c7d8a240d98be553c1.jpg

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Wow! Quite a difference. Thanks for posting the pics. The first thing that came to my mind was graft trimming and if it would take a tech that much longer to trim African American grafts? I do remember a recent thread on strip excision stating that more caution must be used for African Americans in order to avoid transsection during harvest.

Thanks B-

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Thanks Bank--- These grafts were excised through Dr. Harris's SAFE Fue method, which is hard to believe that you can actually harvest the African American grafts in this manner at all.

It is interesting to notice the physical difference between the two, and as Hairbank pointed out, the difficulty inherent in the A.A. grafts with regards to removing the strip and dissection.

Obviously, additional issues can occur during the implantation process, etc...

I think this information is important, regardless of your nationality.

Thanks,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.