Dr. Bernstein -- Graft Placement

Hey All,

Just had a very positive HT experience with Dr. Bernstein in NYC and would like to compare/exchange information about my experience with that of others who have been patients of his.

Obviously he harvested the strip and closed the site himself (at least with me, but am sure that he must with ever patient).

Q: But, did he place all your grafts?

His staff placed all of mine, and there were 3 very nice people working on me at all times.

Hey All,

Just had a very positive HT experience with Dr. Bernstein in NYC and would like to compare/exchange information about my experience with that of others who have been patients of his.

Obviously he harvested the strip and closed the site himself (at least with me, but am sure that he must with ever patient).

Q: But, did he place all your grafts?

His staff placed all of mine, and there were 3 very nice people working on me at all times.

agentHarley,

It is typical for the technicians to place the majority if not all of the grafts into the recipient sites while the physician does all of the invasive work, harvesting of the strip, donor closure, and making the recipient incisions which ultimately determines the direction and pattern of the hair growth.

I'm glad to hear you had a great experience! Your pictures on your blog look nice and ultra refined.

Bill

Agent:

I had a HT about 2.5 months ago with Dr. Charles in Florida, and was also surprised when I saw the techs placing all the grafts in my head. I later learned -as Bill said- this is almost standard operating procedure among hair transplant clinics. Dr. Charles worked on the donor site and did all the incisions. After that he left to his office (same building) while his staff did all the tedious work. The Dr. then came in at the end and inspected all the grafts to make sure there were no problems.

So far everything is going well.

Please keep your blog updated, and heal well.

Hair28

Standard

Techs placed the grafts in all 3 of my HT's and the chief tech has been there for like 15 years!!

The results are great!! I would be worried if the tech did the recepient sites

Thats a no no

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

One of the nicest ladies there was a technician who has worked with Dr. Bernstein for 13 years. She was very polite and lots of smiles, which I really needed at the time.

I have been thinking a lot about what will happen when the pink scalp returns to normal and whether the hairs that are at my current natural hairline will look like a band that is separate from what hairline Dr. Bernstein set up for me.

His reasoning is that in 10yrs or so, my hairline would recede further, but I do not think this will be the case.

So, naturally, I have been thinking that in a 2nd HT, I would be addressing this issue first and foremost. I would want to add some density to the current hairline I have, not just where Dr. Bernstein indicated it would be.

Time will tell, and I am sure he will adjust his opinion about hairline location and grafts placed there in a couple of years. Or, who knows how much sooner I will be able to afford a second procedure (or even if it is with Dr. Bernstein).