Side affects from Propecia

Yeah, I've only been taking Propecia 4 months, actually less, but am noticing less morning erections, in fact I've gone from almost a daily occurence to 1 a week. I'm wondering if I'm just being paranoid reading www.propeciasideffects.com and www.propeciahelp.com, I think I'll just minimize the dosage for now, half a day as I can still get aroused.

Regards,

Proactive

LT,

If you aren't having any side effects, I wouldn't worry about it. Side effects are pretty rare, but if they do happen, if you stop taking the medication, the side effects will cease.

As for me, I've been taking Propecia over 2 years and still am still just as sexually aroused as ever before. That darn sex drive! lol

Bill

Yes I don't have side effects from Propecia that stop me from having sex but I do feel a little different down there. I agree with Proactive that I also feel a little bit less turned on then usual. Reading through www.propeciasideeffects.com makes me a little paranoid too.

People talking about having permanent side affects even after they stop using Propecia???

Does Proscar have the same side affects as Propecia???

Guest Cousin_It

LT...

Side effects due to these drugs can be an individual thing as are the results one can obtain from them. Due to the fact hormone levels are manipulated, there are those who can be sensitive to these changes.

DHT, the hormone most affected by finesteride, is a an androgenic hormone 15 times more powerful than testosterone. It is greatly responsible for the aggresive nature of men and correlated to sex drive, so naturally a drastic change in levels can have some less desirable effects in some individuals.

My suggestion would be that if these effects are causing you problems you may want to speak to your doctor concerning a lower dose. Studies have shown this may diminish side effects while still producing equivalent results.