hair transplantation cost!!!

i know it depends on each person's case ,but can anyone tell me how much HT costs!and i mean how much does it cost from the very begining of going to the doctor till you're done with all the sessions and surgeries and everything and u have ur hair back

i know it depends on each person's case ,but can anyone tell me how much HT costs!and i mean how much does it cost from the very begining of going to the doctor till you're done with all the sessions and surgeries and everything and u have ur hair back

Everyone ends up receiving a different amount of grafts, so the final cost is different for each person. The average seems to be about $4 for the first 2,000 grafts and $2 or $2.50 for each one thereafter. You should post some pictures of what your hair loss looks like for folks to be able to help you with an estimate of how much hair you will need, which will allow you to make a cost estimate.

I was wondering the same thing about the price, and it seems like the first 2000 are no more than 4.50 being the highest, and 2.00 after being the losest.

Not that it will go so high or so low. Do anyone know a few good places in New York that can be recommended?

Also when I add up some of the prices that have been paid for large amounts of graphs such as 6000. It looks like some of you guys are spending like $27,000.00. Do you guys have money like that, placed aside for moments like this?

Afriend - There are a few excellent doctors in the NY area. Drs. True & Dorin and Dr. Feller seem to be among the most recommended (but aren't the only ones). I had my HT with Dr. Feller last month and definitely recommend him. His costs are posted on his website (http://www.fellermedical.com/Fees_Financing.htm). I don't know T&D's costs, but others have posted about them.

Obviously, you shouldn't be looking at cost as the only determining factor, but luckily these doctors are excellent and have reasonable pricing. Set up consults with both of them and take it from there. Good luck!

Total cost for larger restorations (6-7k grafts) can surely be in the neighborhood of $25,000. However, most of the time it happens over a period of a few years and many clinics do offer financing, which takes some bite out of the price.

Afriend-

You've been given some good estimates for HT pricing. Yes, it is very expensive. When it comes to how to "pony up", everyone's different. I've seen some post that they paid cash............it's rare that anyone has $10,000-$20,000 laying around to use for a HT, just IMO, but I suppose some are fortunate enough to have the cash. I wasn't..........I've borrowed $15,100 for the 5000 grafts on top of my head, about 1/2 of it has bee repaid at this point. I think many do as bayscholar said and try to finance through clinics. My guess is that the rate will likely be pretty high as it usually is for personal loans, so, if you want to try this I'd speak with a banker you trust first.

Wait a minute, can any banker be trusted?? icon_biggrin.gif Ooops! I'm a banker, of course banker's are trustworthy! icon_cool.gif

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

I paid 10k cash myself (well, credit carded it and paid off the week after) in order to avoid a loan. Financing anything tends to be pricey in the long run.

The good news, at least for me, was that wanting to have the cash for it forced me to hold off for around 2 years which saved me from getting a HT too early (I got it at 27).

With a HT, most times folks are recommended to wait a year or two while they let finasteride etc. take effect anyway. A year or more should generally be enough time to save up at least part of the sum, no?

Good point, YoungGuy.........saving up may help to avoid a HT at too early an age.

As for how to come up with the cash......everyone's situation is different. In my situation, raising a family, it would have been difficult to raise the money no matter how long it took. Priorities........I think I've spent roughly $10,000 in dental work for my kids the last 2 years along, let alone the other day to day expenses. We'll worth it, but it doesn't leave much room for discretional spending! icon_wink.gif If I hadn't borrowed the money for the HT, I doubt it would have happened until age 45-50.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

I paid cash too for my HT with Dr. Cooley as well (was going to open up a new CD account with that money though, sigh). His clinic quoted me $10,000 for 2500 grafts. Although I have the option of paying it with a credit card, but they offered me 10% discount if I give them a certified bank check. So I ended up paying $9000, I guess the extra $1000 saved is good for a lot of Finasteride and monoxidil icon_smile.gif

I am curious, for those of you who financed through their clinics, what kind of interest rates are being charged? 7%? 10%?

None for me, though I did pay 1/3 down....and the rest I get charged monthly like another rent....two shelters/roofs I pay-off what fun!! One for me and the other for my former chrome dome. I must say truly I am thankful HW was willing to work with me; otherwise I would have gotten the work done this summer after saving for 18months.

The Doctor I consulted with offers 18 months no payments or finance charge. About $500 per month would pay off $9,000.00.

And yes he is a coaltion top doc!

So ask your doctor if he offers any financing. Interest free, keep your money in a cd.

Bill, I guess it doesn't hurt to say it was Dr. Alexander. Now I didn't get the details because I'm not at that point yet. But I would venture to say the Clinic goe's through a finance company who provides the interest free loan if paid off within the 18 months. If you don't pay it off the interest is added. The clinic probably pays a fee to the finance co. for this service. At least thats how it works with appliance, furniture stores, best buy..

I don't think the clinics themselves finance in this manner but I could be wrong. Maybe I will get the details & post them. But it sure is a nice option to finance a HT!

I wouldn't expect the Doc's to post if they offer financing because it probably smells to much like advertising. But it would be nice to know!

Hmmmm. I am always looking for some business ventures. Possibly I should start up a finance company for HT procedures. Pushing 40's wife could be the salesperson. Bill, B spot, Dhuge could be the muscle should someone default. They could pluck one FU at a time until the cash is ponied up. icon_smile.gif

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

It would be great to be able to open a finance company to help our balding brothers.

Would be a great thing to tie into the site so that everyone who needed to could take advantage of it.

I am all for 40's wife being the saleswomen, she would be able to get everyone to sign up!!!!!!

LMAO!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.