UK / Ireland for HT

Originally posted by Paddygone:

Have read some good topics here and sone good reviews on places in the US for HT

Is there any place in the UK/Ireland which are just as good?

Hi Paddygone,

I would recommend that you NOT get your HT done in Ireland. The docs are either WAY overpriced and/or do not provide the same standard of finished result as those offered from the coalition docs.

The Farjo Clinic is the only coalition member in the UK.

However, I would urge you to check out a number of surgeons before making your mind up. I know that Dr.s such as Feller, Shapiro & Epstein have been used by Irish patients in the past.

Good luck!

hs.

These views are from my own learned experience. I am NOT a Doctor, but people say that I do look like one from a distance.

Originally posted by Paddygone:

Thanks for the advice so far.

Would ye consider the Farjo Clinic in the UK a good option?

Been looking into this for a while, I know it's important to do so.

Paddy.

Hi Paddy,

The Farjo Clinic is indeed a reputable clinic but you should try not to base your decision solely on location.

Have a look at the many before & after pics on this forum and also on the HTN site.

Do not let a trip across the Atlantic be the reason why you don't chose one surgeon over another. Remember this is one job that must be done right as you'll be looking at it everyday.

Also it is nice to meet former patients of surgeons to see first hand their results.

gl,

hs.

These views are from my own learned experience. I am NOT a Doctor, but people say that I do look like one from a distance.

i am a little biased as i had 2 ht,s with them,but any doctor in the coalition should provide a top notch result.

have some consults,meet some patients do searches on here and you shouldn,t go far wrong.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

Paddygone,

Welcome to our forum community.

Everyone has given you some excellent advice.

The key is to research all physicians you are considering. In my opinion, Dr. Bessam and Nilofer Farjo of the UK perform state of the art work on par with many of the leading surgeons in the USA and Canada and are certainly worth considering and consulting. Both physicians are elite members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

It is also wise to speak to and consult with a few other leading surgeons and make a decision based on consistent positive results and personal artistic preferences.

Best wishes,

Bill

Right now is an ideal time to have it done in the US. With the weak dollar you can almost get it done for 30-40% less.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Good words from Spex

This does not mean someone can't get information from you and talk about hairtransplantation at the office rather assessing how many grafts, etc. on a detailed basis.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Any here of A Dr Kiely in Ireland and a Dr Epstien in Miami?

Would ye be dubious of any testimonials on Dr Kielys website.

There was a sketch on a talk show in Ireland on evolve Ireland, hope it's ok to post the link

evovle ireland

Would like ye're feedback on what ye think of this. Is sticking hair to someone's head really a way to go?

Guest josh - b

paddygone,

Dr Epstein is a quality surgeon and would be an excellent choice. Do a search and you'll find many happy patients of his.

Dr Kiely on the other hand i've only read bad things about. Please avoid him !!

Paddygone,

Outside links are perfectly acceptable. The only times I remove them are when it's blatantly obvious that someone is promoting their product icon_smile.gif

Dr. Epstein is first-rate and has a very positive track record and stands behind his patients. That is why he is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Use the "find" feature of our community to see what patients have been saying about Dr. Epstein and Dr. Kiely. Personally, I haven't heard much about Dr. Kiely recently, but it would be interesting to learn more about him.

Best wishes,

Bill

Paddy--do a search on a poster named Irish Homer--- he is from Ireland--- He tried pouring Guinness on his head to stop his balding, but the local police threw him in jail for abusing a national treasure icon_biggrin.gif

Just Kidding--- seriously though you should PM him and check out his work--he is pretty happy with a doc he used here in the states.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone here travelled from Ireland to the USA to get a HT proedure done. I have been strongly considering it. I had a DHI procedure done last year, but was none to happy with them. I also visited Dr Kiely a short time ago....hmmmm he seems a little dodgey to me, but i may be srong about that. Please steer me in the right Direction. Thanks.

Hasson and Wong are top drawer, however the quality of their website is irrelevant (although I do agree, it is good!).

Tubs

=======================

3,500 grafts - Dr Feller - 08/08/08

Thanks Tubs.

I think I may go for an online consultation with Hasson and Wong. Has anyone got any idea what sort of discounts they offer for those travelling from abroad, also, would you know if they would be willing to organise accomodation for people travelling to them. Okay, now i'm getting cheeky...What state is Ron Shapiro in? and would you have any idea of his prices???

In my previous email, I originally drafted a paragraph about the importance of research, however you do appear to be looking at the Doctors that have shown great consistent results.

Below is a link to all Coalition surgeons, showing location.

Shapiro Medical is in Minnesota.

Coalition Surgeons

Tubs

=======================

3,500 grafts - Dr Feller - 08/08/08