Toboggans and Beenies

Hey guys,

So here's another question brought to you by yours truely. I don't know if any of you guys do this but because I am thinning pretty heavely in the frontal area what I've been doing is after showering I wear a toboggan or beenie (whatever you want to call it). Becasue my hair is wet when it drys under the toboggan it all lays down and covers more area. How pathetic???????? I know I know but I'll admit I do it! but trust me it looks way better than the alternative.

Anyway my question is does anyone have a solid answer of whether or not this is expediting my hairloss? Does it matter? is it not really affecting anything? Any info would be great. LOL and I'm gonna go ahead and pre-thank Bill for whatever he posts, you always come through for us little people (yeah I'm a newbie...whatever! LOL)

Hey guys,

So here's another question brought to you by yours truely. I don't know if any of you guys do this but because I am thinning pretty heavely in the frontal area what I've been doing is after showering I wear a toboggan or beenie (whatever you want to call it). Becasue my hair is wet when it drys under the toboggan it all lays down and covers more area. How pathetic???????? I know I know but I'll admit I do it! but trust me it looks way better than the alternative.

Anyway my question is does anyone have a solid answer of whether or not this is expediting my hairloss? Does it matter? is it not really affecting anything? Any info would be great. LOL and I'm gonna go ahead and pre-thank Bill for whatever he posts, you always come through for us little people (yeah I'm a newbie...whatever! LOL)

AAN,

Not quite sure what the heck a tobaggan is but I believe I am familiar with a beenie. Either way I get the jist of what it is you are trying to accomplish. No I don't believe that this is going to expedite your hairloss unless it is putting strain on the follicles. Over processing your hair will surely aid in the miniturization process but if I understand correctly what it is you are doing, don't sweat things.

Have you ever given any consideration to the products that help to add fullness or density to your hair? Toppik is a product that works well and may do the trick for you. I personally am not into using it on a regular basis but tried it recently because I wanted to see what all the hype was about. I might use it regularly if I have shockloss during 2nd HT. That stuff does work. The one time I tried it my wife looked at me and said "Now what have you done?" She noticed and thought it looked good. She thinks I should wear it daily but I'm more of a no fuss type. icon_smile.gif

Hope that helps.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Nelly,

Topik is great. I used it a few years ago. It works awesome and I still have some left, but the idea of using it daily doesnt appeal to me. Plus it smears and gets on everything. I just dont know if putting a beenie on while my hair is wet traps a lot of moisture and heat on my head. Didn't know if this was helping or hurting the situation.

AAN,

I really don't believe it is an issue. Unless someone else can give good reason otherwise I wouldn't worry about it.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

AnArabianNight,

You are not pathetic...even when I had a lot of hair, I did the same thing just to keep my hair flat.

Wearing a hat or anything else on your head will not expedite hairloss. It is a misnomer and you can rest easy tonight and forever.

Here is a quote from: http://ezinearticles.com/?What-We-Should-Know-About-Hair-Loss&id=325994

"There are several myths about the causes of hair loss. At one time or another, we have been told or have heard of stories that hair loss is caused by poor circulation of the scalp due to excessive wearing of a hat! In some instances, we would blame baldness on lack of vitamins and minerals or even to dandruff. Well, you can forget all these theories about hair loss and baldness because these have been proven to be untrue by medical studies. You don't get bald by wearing a hat, so forget it; you can wear that hat anytime you want."

Hope this helps.

Bill

Also a quote from:

http://www.hairlosslearningcenter.org/hair-loss-content.../hair-loss-myths.asp

"Maybe you've heard that wearing a tight baseball cap too often will make you bald or that if you wash your hair too much you'll suffer hair loss. Well, they're both old wives' tales. "

Pat,

I recommend that there is a heading for this quote something like "Hats and Hairloss?" like the other myths. The information is obviously there, but since there was no heading for it, it was more difficult to find.

Bill