Maderma or ScarZone???

Am thinking of buying one of the two to help with the healing of my scar. Was wondering who has taken which one and how it worked for them? I also have a patch below my scar on my left side that has no hair, is this possibly shockloss around the donor scar? as this is the only area that has it, and is there anything I can do to help with that?? thanks in advance

i tried both mederma and scarzone....i like scarzone better, its cheaper, helps control ther itch and has better ingredients....

i also used emu oil and highly recommend it....

as for the shock loss, u can try minox, and your hairs shouldnt become dose dependent since they are in the donor "safe" zone...

tkerr,

I used Mederma for the first few weeks after my 2nd HT. It's hard to say whether or not it made a difference........I suppose it probably did. There was no irritation from it that I remember. My only complaint was that it made the scar line a little more visible due to the Mederma getting in the hair and looking sort of like gel.

I had the exact same shock your talking of on the left side of my scar below the donor area. Had it with both HT #1 and HT #2. It has come back but if I clipped lower than 1/2" it looks a little thin there. My guess is that it's shock loss. I guess you could rub minox on it but I'd just wait it out, I imagine it will come back since it's not MPB susceptible hair.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Thanks Hairbank, ya when I checked my scar two weeks ago or so didn't see any of this patch of hairloss below the scar and then haven't really looked at the scar until yesterday and noticed it on the left side of my head, weird. I had it with my last HT and I think at around 6-8 months it had started to grow back in, just sucks for that period cause have to keep my hair longer than I like to try and cover it. Tried that scarzone today on a section and it's hard to put in since I can't really see where my scar is and when i did it got all in my hair, so not sure if I want to try and keep that up. I bought some Vitamin E which I read is good for scar healing, so will just pop the pill instead and see how that works.

Originally posted by tkerr22:

Johnnie,

did scarzone work as good on the scar as maderma? and what do u use the emu oil for and how?

I liked it (scarzone) better, as it helped w/ the itch...

the emu is a dermal strenghtening/thickening oil, and also serves, i forget the technical term, but it increases absorption, and acts as a barrier....Great stuff, IMO, went thru lots of bottles so far (4 mos post op)....

i read below that u got it in your hair when applying...i did that too, but I wear a hat all the time...id try and use one hand to find the scar line and lift the hair, and the other to apply....