Pitting?

Hi everyone, I'm one-month post-op my third procedure. Shedding has occurred. When I look closely in my bathroom mirror and tilt my head a certain way, I see tiny holes along the frontal part of my scalp, which is were the transplant occurred. Is this what people call pitting? Is this normal for someone just 1 month post-op who has shed? Thanks for reading.

Hi everyone, I'm one-month post-op my third procedure. Shedding has occurred. When I look closely in my bathroom mirror and tilt my head a certain way, I see tiny holes along the frontal part of my scalp, which is were the transplant occurred. Is this what people call pitting? Is this normal for someone just 1 month post-op who has shed? Thanks for reading.

Guest Baldie3000

This doesn't sound good. I'd like to know the answer on this too! What would cause this? I certainly wouldn't want holes in my head icon_frown.gif

~Baldie3000

N-6,

Well, the quick answer is, it could be.

Without seeing pictures it would be difficult to know for sure. Additionally, there is still plenty of time to heal, but it is not normal to see holes in your scalp.

Do you have any pictures you can post for us? Who was your surgeon and did you talk to him/her about this?

Baldie,

Pitting typically occurs as a result of incisions being made too deeply for the graft. When the tissue heals, it creates a dimple like effect or tiny "pit" or indent in the scalp. This is not an expected result and is not normal. In the hands of an elite physician, pitting should not be an issue.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi, thanks for your response. Attached is a pic of my left and right hairline without flash and below overhead light.

I haven't raised this with my doc yet. I'd rather not mention his name for now if that's cool.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks so much.

LeftHairline.jpg.a0ee3446a83ac7f0f6a2f353e7ed1ecd.jpg

I hope so. I can't discern whether it is what people refer to as pitting or whether it just reflects incisions which have not yet healed. Thanks for your response Something.

Originally posted by N-6:

I hope so. I can't discern whether it is what people refer to as pitting or whether it just reflects incisions which have not yet healed. Thanks for your response Something.

I did _lots_ of research and was surprised by this as well. Each incision leaves a tiny divot. If you look closely at some other's pictures you will see the same thing.

When the hair grows and the skin cycles, I have found that they are becoming less obvious months after the procedure. I wouldnt worry about it.