Update

I know that it has been a while since I have posted an update. As I monitored this site before my 1600 graft HT on 3/31/06,I noticed that often times posters would stop posting after they had received their transplant procedures. I was curious about that and wondered if that was a good or bad sign. Did it mean that they were dissatisfied and did not want to look the fool by admitting a mistake or was it that they had become comfortable and no longer felt the need to post? In my cae, it is because of the former, but, this site was so helpful to me in helping me make a decision that I feel a bit responsible to continue to make some posts on my post-op progress.

I apologize that I do not have pictures of the progress. ( I still do not have a digital camera.)

I can say that not much has changed over the past month. I still have lingering redness in the recipient area that is especially bright if I have been exercising or have been in the sun. ( I try to stay out of the sun as much as possible, but there are times during the day when it is unavoidable and I am not in a a position to wear a hat during those times.)

All the transplanted grafts shed but I have had no shockloss. I am grateful for that as it was a big concern of mine.

As near as I can tell, noone has noticed that I had a procedure performed. I am in a very social environment where tactfulness is rarely a quality aspired to.If someone had noticed, I would know.

I am anxious for hair to start growing. I wont be in a position to truly judge the quality of the results for most likely another 4 months, but, based on the reports of others, I expect to begin seeing some growth within another 5 weeks.

At this stage I am very satisfied with my progress an glad that I had this procedure done and chose Dr. Cooley and his staff to perform it.

I know that it has been a while since I have posted an update. As I monitored this site before my 1600 graft HT on 3/31/06,I noticed that often times posters would stop posting after they had received their transplant procedures. I was curious about that and wondered if that was a good or bad sign. Did it mean that they were dissatisfied and did not want to look the fool by admitting a mistake or was it that they had become comfortable and no longer felt the need to post? In my cae, it is because of the former, but, this site was so helpful to me in helping me make a decision that I feel a bit responsible to continue to make some posts on my post-op progress.

I apologize that I do not have pictures of the progress. ( I still do not have a digital camera.)

I can say that not much has changed over the past month. I still have lingering redness in the recipient area that is especially bright if I have been exercising or have been in the sun. ( I try to stay out of the sun as much as possible, but there are times during the day when it is unavoidable and I am not in a a position to wear a hat during those times.)

All the transplanted grafts shed but I have had no shockloss. I am grateful for that as it was a big concern of mine.

As near as I can tell, noone has noticed that I had a procedure performed. I am in a very social environment where tactfulness is rarely a quality aspired to.If someone had noticed, I would know.

I am anxious for hair to start growing. I wont be in a position to truly judge the quality of the results for most likely another 4 months, but, based on the reports of others, I expect to begin seeing some growth within another 5 weeks.

At this stage I am very satisfied with my progress an glad that I had this procedure done and chose Dr. Cooley and his staff to perform it.

I am in the same boat as you and could have easily stopped posting after my last HT as well. I feel good about my hair and do enjoy posting here and there to share my own experiences with others. I also like to share my photos as well because I am happy with my results so far. I will continue to update new phots after my next HT for my crown and midscalp in June. I know when I came on here before my HT's I liked looking at others experiences and pictures, really made me come to my decision for a HT and especially my last one to repair the previous two.

I am sure there are people who posted before their HT and don't now and are not happy with their HT's.I think and hope that more people who aren't coming back to the boards do so because they are satisfied and moved on to other things. They are the ones who posted, gathered information and guidance, received a quality HT, and moved on.

Actually, I should stop posting just because I make so many grammatical mistakes.

I am so far very happy with my results, very glad that I had the procedure, found this site to help guide my research and select such a top notch clinic to perform the procedure.

I am very grateful and satisfied that I made the decision to have the procedure.

• Administrators

Thinkingaboutit and Tkerr22,

Thanks for taking things full circle by coming back to share your experience just as others did when you first arrived on this forum.

I know you were thinking about it for a long time. It will be fun to see your results.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.