Donar Scar repair or blending

I recently read of someone on the HLH forum that had a series fraxel laser treatments done on his donor scar and saw a great improvement. I noticed that fue into the scar can improve the color by bringing more blood flow to the scar, but there may be issues with that, as you shave to the skin. Any scarring in your recepient area?

I've been browsing the forum for the past year, I plan to post pics soon to get some top docs advise on improving part of my donor scar.

I like that name. Nothing like begging hair to grow. It depends how long and wide your scar is and whats acceptable to you. Well if your going to have a transplant then the original scar will be removed for no charge. Im not sure if thats what you were looking for in your second question.

Probably done as far as HT goes. Just want to look into the scar revision as I like to wear my hair short and dont see that as a possiblity with a donar scar. I just imagine that procedure being expensive, and wanted to get kind of a ball park figure. Thanks for your response.

If you just want the scar excised through the strip method it will cost anywhere from 1500-3000. That is the cheapest route and the first one I would take before fue. It all depends on how much . If your scalp is tight then fue might be a better option and depending how bad your scar is it could cost anywhere from 2500 - 5000. Without pic its hard to even guesstimate

Louie:

Every option has its risks and benefits. Without a proper scalp exam it is difficult to recommend the best advice. However, in general, options to consider would be:

1. Rexcise the scar using a trichophytic closure. To mimimize tension even more, consider doing it in stages rather than the whole scar at once.

2. FUE tranpslants into the scar

3. Steroid injections are not typically recommended unless you have a thickened hypertrophic scar. It will not do anything for a smooth scar, other than to risk more atrophy or stretching.

4. Fraxel or laser treatments could potentially affect adjacent hair bearing areas. Fraxel treatments have been used to minimize the appearance of scars.

5. Tattooing is not a good option due to color mismatch and fading of scars.

It appears you have alot of donor area left. If you have abandoned transplants for a shaved look instead, then I would consider these options. However, if you are continuing with your hair restoration process in the future, this scar will generally be removed with the next transplant, and any corrections can hopefully be improved then.