hair flap technique

dario

years ago I underwent a hair restoration technique known as a Flap. I had seriously overestimated the results of this procedure. To make a long story short, I have a large scar on the back of my head, which is very visible, and my hairline looks too straight. Now the hair behind the flap is thinning out,and I am constantly looking at my hair, it has gotten to be an obsession, and I need to rectify this situation. I am hoping to find someone who has or had a similar situation like mine and fixed the thinning hair, protruding scar, and straight hairline to achieve a natural looking head of hair. Can anyone help.

• Thanks 1

years ago I underwent a hair restoration technique known as a Flap. I had seriously overestimated the results of this procedure. To make a long story short, I have a large scar on the back of my head, which is very visible, and my hairline looks too straight. Now the hair behind the flap is thinning out,and I am constantly looking at my hair, it has gotten to be an obsession, and I need to rectify this situation. I am hoping to find someone who has or had a similar situation like mine and fixed the thinning hair, protruding scar, and straight hairline to achieve a natural looking head of hair. Can anyone help.

Guest wanthairs

dario....

I am very sorry to hear about what this procedure has done to affect you. I am not as knowledgable as most of the guys here, but the doctor I used for a hair transplant, apparently does alot of work in correcing flap disfigurements with great success. His name is Jeffrey Epstein and he practises in Miami....best of luck....http://www.foundhair.com

Funny how 10 years ago's restoration solution is today's disfigurement.

This morning I was thinking about how barbaric strip surgery is going to be viewed in 10 years.

Armani has the right idea, I just don't think the tools have caught up yet.

Oh well....

----

First Hair Transplant performed by Dr. DeYarman, approximately 4180 grafts on 01/10/2007

Second Hair Transplant performed by Dr. Reed, approximately 2207 grafts on 10/10/2007

Third Hair Transplant performed by Dr. Reed, approximately 1896 grafts on 05/13/2008

Total Grafts 8283

Dario,

I am sure that many of the Coalition physicians have the ability to help you, but I would seek out one that has a strong plastic surgery background. I believe (don't quote) Dr. Epstein is one and possibly Dr. Rose. Dr. Vogel might be a great option for you also. He is a recommend doc on this site. I know that Dr. Wong and Dr. Feller are also good at repair work. Good luck to you. I'm really sorry for you to be in this position. Take care.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Dario,

Welcome to our community.

I am familiar with the Fleming-Meyer Flap. Unfortunately, what you experienced is typical of this procedure.

That being said...the best thing to do at this point is to consult with quality hair transplant physicians who specialize in repair.

I recommend consulting with at least three of our Coalition Doctors, send them photos, and see what they can do for you.

If there is anything else we can do to help, let us know.

Bill