DHI No Touch Technique feedback please

Hotspur72

Hello All

I am seeking advice on the DHI No Touch Technique. I have reviewed their website and watched the video of the technique and how it differs from FUE.

I have read a lot of postings on several sites and there is a lot of bad press about DHI in general but not come across a lot about this No touch technique.

I spoke to a consultant at the London clinic last week and he told me that the Athens clinic has a special offer(this seems to be the norm from what I have read) and London would be double the price.

I have had 3 strip procedures many years ago the last one 5 years ago. I do not wish to go down this road again as its painfull and the recovery time is long winded. Also I doubt I am able to have another strip procedure but I believe my doner area would be suffice for either one largish FUE or this No touch procedure.

What I am trying to achieve is more density. My hair loss was major and lost most if not all my hair on my scalp and crown. I am happy with the coverage I gained from my previous surgery.

I would like to hear from people who have undertaken the DHI no touch technique. I wish to know what your experience was and did you gain hair from the procedure? Was it value for money? Would you do it again?

Thanks in advance for all replies.

Hello All

I am seeking advice on the DHI No Touch Technique. I have reviewed their website and watched the video of the technique and how it differs from FUE.

I have read a lot of postings on several sites and there is a lot of bad press about DHI in general but not come across a lot about this No touch technique.

I spoke to a consultant at the London clinic last week and he told me that the Athens clinic has a special offer(this seems to be the norm from what I have read) and London would be double the price.

I have had 3 strip procedures many years ago the last one 5 years ago. I do not wish to go down this road again as its painfull and the recovery time is long winded. Also I doubt I am able to have another strip procedure but I believe my doner area would be suffice for either one largish FUE or this No touch procedure.

What I am trying to achieve is more density. My hair loss was major and lost most if not all my hair on my scalp and crown. I am happy with the coverage I gained from my previous surgery.

I would like to hear from people who have undertaken the DHI no touch technique. I wish to know what your experience was and did you gain hair from the procedure? Was it value for money? Would you do it again?

Thanks in advance for all replies.

From http://www.hairtransplantnetwo...asp?CopyID=648&Nav=8

Question:

The "no touch technique" is a method popularized by Dr. Kim from Korea and by DHI institute in Greece and promises to be better than the follicular unit exaction technique. What's the deal?

Answer:

The "no touch technique" may sound misleading. But after reading about it I can understand why it has been named that way.

The "No Touch" technique actually refers to follicular units being extracted (much like FUE) and automatically inserted into a cylinder tube like device. The same device that holds the follicular unit without damaging it is then used to insert the graft into recipient sites eliminating the human touch factor hence the name.

The bottom line, this technique and tool are designed to help make the follicular unit extraction (or similar) method easier.

The question is, does it accomplish its goal? Clearly we know that surgeons are producing high quality results without such tools. However, I see nothing wrong with using devices like this as long as they don't hinder the process.

In my opinion, discussing and understanding the various techniques used is highly important. But to evaluate a hair transplant surgeon and clinic, the end result must be considered above all else.

Bill - Associate Publisher of the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q & A Blog.

To share ideas with other hair loss sufferers visit our Hair Restoration Discussion Forum.

Hotspur ,

I had this " no touch " technique eight years ago DHI market it as the choi implanter search this site for DHI Athens , Choi Implanter its poor to say the least . Personally I got zero growth from it and allthough I got some money back I was left with massive scarring that I now have to try to get repaired .

I cannot stress to you the importance of getting it right first time , stick with a coalition doc !

Regards

ej

Logic has to come into your mind at this point...if this "no touch" idea has been around for a few years, and the finest Dr.'s ON THE EARTH have heard about this too and choose not to use this method; makes one wonder. Do yourself a favor, since there is no magic or quick fix for this old accepted thing known as hair loss, be happy that you are in touch with the best surgeons on the planet, and get good results with them.

I see DHI being advertised here in the UK all the time in newspapers and Menshealth magazines etc. To be honest, it looks as though its basically FUE. I wouldn't go anywhere near DHI though, go to a prescreened top doc recommended here. If you want FUE, you will have to look outside the UK - I would recommend Feller In New York and Shapiro Medical Group. You could also look at Devroye in Brussels.

DHI haven't got bad press for no reason. They've ruined peoples lives and luckily for you, those people have shared their story to help others. Listen to them.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here: