I think i'm losing hair but i'm not sure..

Anonymous

Hi guys on this forum, i was just browsing around but found that you guys are really helpful so i was wondering if you guys could help me out.

I'm fairly young, 19 years old, but i can't help but notice that my hair in my front portion of my hairline is thinning, i can see my scalp.. so should i be worried? I'm already trying to take precautions.. and asked some people around..

Could anyone tell me if any of these are solutions to PROLONG OR PREVENT hairloss?

1.Taking Multi-vitamins and taking Zinc.

2.Using baby shampoo because its lighter.. gentle for the hair..

Those were the suggestions i was given, i know their simple but are they effective?

Can Anyone else suggest anything i should take?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

Regimen: 5% Minoxidil twice a day (morning and night) on front hairline, Proscar (broken into 5 pieces) one piece every night. MSM 1000 Mg, Zinc 30 Mg, Vitamin E, Multi-Vitamin.

Baby Shampoo for showering.

Hi guys on this forum, i was just browsing around but found that you guys are really helpful so i was wondering if you guys could help me out.

I'm fairly young, 19 years old, but i can't help but notice that my hair in my front portion of my hairline is thinning, i can see my scalp.. so should i be worried? I'm already trying to take precautions.. and asked some people around..

Could anyone tell me if any of these are solutions to PROLONG OR PREVENT hairloss?

1.Taking Multi-vitamins and taking Zinc.

2.Using baby shampoo because its lighter.. gentle for the hair..

Those were the suggestions i was given, i know their simple but are they effective?

Can Anyone else suggest anything i should take?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

Regimen: 5% Minoxidil twice a day (morning and night) on front hairline, Proscar (broken into 5 pieces) one piece every night. MSM 1000 Mg, Zinc 30 Mg, Vitamin E, Multi-Vitamin.

Although you are young, you are in a position that most of us older guys envy.

I never started losing my hair until I was 27 but it probaly started thinning around 25. If I would have started proscar back them right now I probaly would have alot of my original hair left but who knows.

I suggest you go to a doctor and take PROSCAR as soon as possible. I believe no shampoo can help hairloss.

Lorenzo

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

thanks for the info.. who should i talk to about hair loss.. a dermatologist (skin doctor)? I don't even know if there are any Hair Doctors..

how about the recommendations i got from the people..

taking multiviatmins, and zinc.

using baby shampoo...

Would those help prevent FURTHER hairloss?

Dermatologists specialize in skin and hair. You could visit a dermatologist, or speak with your general practitioner.

Forget about vitamins and baby shampoo. I don't think vitamins will make a difference unless you have a really really terrible diet. Shampoo can make your hair feel nice, but probably isn't going to do a lot for hair loss. Some guys do like Nizoral shampoo (dandruff shampoo with Ketaconazole) but the main thing is to get on Propecia. Propecia is the most effective drug for hair loss, and if you are losing hair you should start there.

for arfy, do you think i'm too young to be taking propecia though? I'm only 19 so i'm worried about side effects.

You might be too young, I don't know. This is something you should discuss with your doctor.

If your doctor tells you to wait a little while, then wait. Since your hairloss is still considered "recent", you should respond well when you do start.

It is unlikely that you will ever become bald, if you take action when your doctor gives you the green light.

thanks arfy, that was reassuring, i just want to stop my hair loss.. i'll work on growing the hair back later on..