ProTHIK

Am I the only person here who thinks that ProTHIK is the best concealer out there?

It's definitely the easiest to use. And I think it looks better than Toppik.

But after reading all of the DermMatch props on this board, I'm going to pull it out of my closet and give it another try.

Am I the only person here who thinks that ProTHIK is the best concealer out there?

It's definitely the easiest to use. And I think it looks better than Toppik.

But after reading all of the DermMatch props on this board, I'm going to pull it out of my closet and give it another try.

Guest wanthairs

hey dude...

i dont like dermatch that much...On my particular scalp..(which is still very bald) I look like im painting it...i am thinking of getting Prothik. From what I undersatnmd, Pat Hennesy the publisher of this website uses prothick according to some pics he has....

I just started using prothik on my crown area...I have not had any work done there yet so it is a little thin...Prothik works Great! It does take a little practice to spray it on just right but when you master that the results are great!

1st HT 1-5-05 - 1894 FUT's Dr. Glenn Charles

2nd HT 12-18-06 - 1542 FUT's Dr. Glenn Charles

Total: 3436 FUT's

Current Protocol: Propecia Daily, Laser Therapy EOD 20 mins.

I always preferred Dermatch. It seemed to look the most natural and withstood the daily activities the best. the sprays always came off the most easily.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I have tried the sprays such as Fullmore,and though it looks pretty good,It rubs off easily in my hands.Dermatch and just some little sprinkles with topiks are the way to go.Dermatch for me is awesome.Once the Dermatch dries,it is there until you use soap/shampoo to remove it.I spray a little bit of gel to hold everything in place and to give it a shine.But as with most if not all consealers you need existing hair to get a natural looking appearance.

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture

Indeed

Dermatch is the best concealer regarding withstanding ruboff. It also lasts the longest per disc

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Gangster:

ProTHIK can rub off a little. Is that also a concern with Dermatch?

There's tons of threads on derm if you want to search them. Derm can rub off............I don't use it anymore but when I did, I found the trick was to use a dry or damp towell to lightly rub the excess out after it was dry..............then I styled with gel, mousse.........whatever I wanted and it didn't come out. Plus, it seemed to help take out the chalky look that sometimes came with Derm.

Hope this helps,

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.