rogaine for jumpstarting hair growth?

I am just over a month post op (1150 grafts frontal 1/3 of head) and just started today using Rogaine 5% thinking that it may "jumpstart" growth in my transplanted hairs. I realize that Rogaine is not to be used in the frontal part of the head but was wondering if anyone else has tried this with any success? My thinking is that it can't hurt but it may help. Thanks.

I am just over a month post op (1150 grafts frontal 1/3 of head) and just started today using Rogaine 5% thinking that it may "jumpstart" growth in my transplanted hairs. I realize that Rogaine is not to be used in the frontal part of the head but was wondering if anyone else has tried this with any success? My thinking is that it can't hurt but it may help. Thanks.

mikeh,

You and I share the same thinking "it can't hurt by it may help".

I haven't seen any real hard evidence that Rogaine after a hair transplant will "jump start" early hair growth - but I suppose it's possible. Some hair transplant surgeons even swear by it.

By the way, Rogaine can be used in the front of the head, and many hair loss sufferers have reported success with it.

Best wishes,

Bill

I restarted mt propecia regimen2 weeks after the HT and started propecia the day after my HT. Im 11 weeks and have alot of growth in the form of peachfuzz and a few thicker hairs. I can see some results and I feel am ahead of schduel but I dont have a transformation per say. I am hoping for some real progress in the next few weeks. I dont know what role propecia and rogain played but thats my story

see my above post. But I use Propecia and Rogain pre-post op on 5HT and current take them for maintance, but 6 months ago added a oral juice supplement that has made everything thicker. Its 3-4oz a day for overall health and organ vitality, but I have seen great Hair results when i combined with Rogain/Propecia 6 months ago as a synergy. It was developed by Dupak Chopra MD founder of Choppra Clinic You can look it up at (link removed)