I JUST WANT TO SHAVE MY HEAD

I am 30 yrs old norwood 3 and losing my hair since I was 20. I am sick and tired of spending thousands of $$$$ (like $10,000) on trying to stop my hair loss. I have had 2 HT, first one 10/97 500 grafts front hairline (joke) scar was small, 2nd HT 12/04 1700, 1200 front of head and 500 in crown (wish I never did it) 2nd scar ear to ear. I have the monk look since 2001 but it doesn't look that good any more with my bald spots on crown and front hairline getting bigger. I use Propecia, Laser Comb and Nioxin hair products which haven't stop my hair loss. I also wear hats all the time and use dermatch since 1997 when I go out but that's starting to look like sh?t now.

What I want to do is shave my head with a 1# guard. I use to be able to shave the sides of head with a 1# even after the first HT. But after 2nd HT I shave sides with a 2# and it's still visible.

I don't want to hear that there is nothing I can do about my scars. I made the mistake on going to a mediocre Dr. Goldstien in CT twice and not getting great results. I want to move on with my life and let go of being obsessed with my hair loss.

So I guess I should contact Dr. Feller to see if he can put Fue grafts into my scars.

What else can I do????

I am 30 yrs old norwood 3 and losing my hair since I was 20. I am sick and tired of spending thousands of $$$$ (like $10,000) on trying to stop my hair loss. I have had 2 HT, first one 10/97 500 grafts front hairline (joke) scar was small, 2nd HT 12/04 1700, 1200 front of head and 500 in crown (wish I never did it) 2nd scar ear to ear. I have the monk look since 2001 but it doesn't look that good any more with my bald spots on crown and front hairline getting bigger. I use Propecia, Laser Comb and Nioxin hair products which haven't stop my hair loss. I also wear hats all the time and use dermatch since 1997 when I go out but that's starting to look like sh?t now.

What I want to do is shave my head with a 1# guard. I use to be able to shave the sides of head with a 1# even after the first HT. But after 2nd HT I shave sides with a 2# and it's still visible.

I don't want to hear that there is nothing I can do about my scars. I made the mistake on going to a mediocre Dr. Goldstien in CT twice and not getting great results. I want to move on with my life and let go of being obsessed with my hair loss.

So I guess I should contact Dr. Feller to see if he can put Fue grafts into my scars.

What else can I do????

LT, with only 2300 hundred grafts, you should still have at least 3 to 4000 grafts left for transplantation. I would recommend going to Feller, Shapiro, or H&W and possibly getting a "GREAT" surgeon to look at your scar, assess what can be done to revise your scar, and possibly put another 2 ro 3 thousand grafts up top. Remember, even if you put FUE into your current scar, there is no guarantee you will be able to shave down to a #1, no matter what anyone else tells you. At this point, try to stay positive and do not get discouraged!!!!!!!

Do yourself a favor and check out a great clinic, it will probably lift your spirits just knowing that your appearance can be repaired!!!!!

Your unfortunate brush with mediocrity will show you just how awesome some of these doctors are, if you give them a shot!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

LT,

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience and current dilemma. B-spot's got some good advice for you..............check with some quality surgeons recommended by this site. Graft harvests in the amount of 3000+ are now commonplace. Your current look sounds like me before I went into HT #2 (look at my Hair Loss Blog attached for reference). With the big shiner on the crown, it looked funny since I had decent hair in front. I'm just now getting results from my crown work and am thrilled.

With the new Trichophytic closure method used by most quality surgeons, even if you tried the HT route again and didn't achieve the look you desire, you would likely have a much thinner scar to fill in if you still desire to shave down. Something for you to consider anyhow.

I'm with B-spot, I think you're giving up to easy but do what you're comfortable with. Best of luck to you.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Thanks for the response guys. I'm not sure if I want to get another HT done but I do want to get repair work on my 2 HT strip scars. If I do get anther HT who is the best in the CT, NYC area that does trichophytic closure method? I looked up doctors in NYC on the HAIR LOSS LEARNIG CENTER and came up with Dr. Bernstein, Dr. Dorin, Dr. True and Dr. Epstein. I was thinking about Dr. Feller but why is he not on the LEARNING CENTER list anymore? You guys say I should get 3000 to 4000 grafts more. How much is that going to set me back? At this point I don't know if I'm going to get another HT after the bad experience with a below average doctor and the costs. So my 2 options are, repair work on scars then shave my head or repair work on scars and 3rd HT.

Hi LT

I've had 2 procedures with Dr. True and both were great. The latest in Dec 05 was with the T closure. I looked at my scar yesterday and it is almost gone .. The results are very good and I'm happy with both of my surgeries.

1417-

1476 with T closure

Good Luck

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!