butchered

john36

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I refered a Complaint to the State Medical Board of Ohioregarding this and ALL the other violations that I don't want to repeat over and over again here.I did that back in January 2008.I got confirmation that they recieved the complaint.

So far they had not notified me that they made decision in the case They sent investigator to whom I gave all data and offered evidence.

You may call the Public Inquiries Department of the Ohio Medical Board at 614-728-3114.Check your selves.

Why I am doing all this? I don't want this done to other people.I want this wild west in THE MEDICAL field of HT (not Industry,can't be industry,if one has desire to have a busines open a busines,don't advertise as a physician) TO STOP.I want the top experts in the field to make the step toward that goal,and publicly denounce the Illegal practices in the HT medical field (again ,not Industry).

John is your anger at your HT doctor specifically or at all HT doctors? Do you believe that there are some ethical HT doctors out there that are not like the doctor you chose?

You mentioned your lawsuit. Do you have a lawyer representing you? When is your case scheduled?

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

I say HT doctors.My email is this bocvarus@yahoo.com if you read this and you reasonably believe that I was ,eh,well,probably,lets not say now definately ABUSED.Contact me so you can see my medical records,see me in person if you wish,hear my store and my evidence,and ON THE PRESUMPTION THAT WHAT I AM TELLING YOU THE FACTS ARE TRUE,SAY Deviation from the standard of care occured.

I need that because you took the obligation to the legislator so you don't get sued everytime some feels like without any just reason.I HAVE JUST REASON doctors.Read my post.

.I will anyway one way or another,because I have also other grounds,which are,lack of informed consent and battery that derives from that...etc.

John I'm very sympathetic to your case but you did not really answer my actual questions or maybe I just do not see the actual answers because of all the other stuff thrown in. icon_smile.gif

1. John is your anger at your HT doctor specifically or at all HT doctors?

2. Do you believe that there are some ethical HT doctors out there that are not like the doctor you chose?

3. You mentioned your lawsuit. Do you have a lawyer representing you?

4. When is your case scheduled?

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Originally posted by john36:

1.I don't have anger.I am rightfully grieved.I seek relief to make me whole again.

2.I believe of course that there is ethical HT doctors.I am convinced Dr.Feller is ethical and outspoken.He Is only one of the doctors that read this site who here who sent me a message.It is a private message and it is going to remain private.It is not true as I read on one post that he is emotionles and all business like (I remember reading that from some member on a post here).On the contrary.He is just reall person with integrity.3. I have a Lawyer.I did not tell him I am on this post so I will not comment on him at all.I speak here on my behalf,not the behalf of my legal counsel.

Sorry,that is private.

4.Case will go to mediation.Other side offered ridicilous offer to settle that would not leave me with enough mony to pay for what an average HT costs.When is scheduled I don't want to say.I speak here on my behalf,not the behalf of my legal counsel.

John thanks for answring my questions.

1. Maybe anger was the wrong word for me to use. I apologize for that. I understand your grief. It is very understandable if your case is as described in your posts.

2. I'm glad you believe there are some ethical HT doctors. I'm sorry for everything that happened with your doctor.

3. I'm also glad you have legal representation. Do you think may be you should speak with him about your posts? He may think some things you say could hurt your case. You know how lawyers tend to be cautious.

4. I hope you get a conclusion that will help you feel better in your mediation. It sounds like you probably deserve compensation if your case is as you have said in your posts. Good luck. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

John, I empathize with your situation. That is precisely why you need to get repair work done from a reputable doctor on this site ASAP. I have seen some very scary pictures of people with botched jobs on this site (much much worse than yours), and have been completely blown away by the repairs. H&W, Shapiro, and Feller are just a few of the top docs that undoubtably can turn your life around. You need to move forward.

I wish you luck.

S5H

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Keene

3700+ Grafts with Dr. Keene 8/26/08 & 8/27/08

9600+ Total Hairs

John I'm very sorry about all the grief and despair you have felt. I hope you find a way to find happiness.

As far as you wearing the hat goes many of us have worn hats for years so you are not alone in that regard. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

John,

It's good to see you exposing your brokenness instead of shielding it with general anger toward the hair transplant industry.

I certainly feel for you and wish you all the best. I also feel that it's worth exploring repair options as it may help you feel better about your appearance and self.

Best wishes,

Bill

I sincerely would like to apologize to you.

Are you considering repair work? Even in a worst case scenario, I'd imagine the grafts could at least be removed and you'd undergo some scar revision. But we have seen really great results from patients who originally had transplants that were just as bad if not worse. A lot of the pain you're experiencing could probably be over in relatively short amount of time.

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

You've been maliciously forced to undergo a true travesty, and for that you deserve a great deal of empathy and compassion. The scars you now carry -- physical and psychological -- won't heal quickly nor easily. *But*, they can be healed. I'd implore you to consider, in the form of simple consultations, with a few clinics who are without question of the highest caliber in skill and ethics. At the same time, know that options -- good options -- do exist, and that you are not forced to live the rest of your life in this state. Focus on little changes and actions while you plan out attacking the big changes and actions.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I get allot of messages, private here or direct on my email. Different kind with different points.

For those saying I am bashing, attacking the whole "Industry", there is good doctors etc...you guys are missing my point/message.

I say this field,HT,should be regulated.

Should be place where Doctors like the doctors recommended here should operate and establish standards of care for the patients.

They are in minority.

You have no idea how many of incompetent doc are performing this surgeries making people suffer and regret they ever heard about HT.

My message is, instead this top doc to chase after the majority HT doc lowering prices (and the only way the can do that I explain in my post here "most HT surgeons exercise habitual practices prohibited by law") forcing them selves to do same things just to keep up, regulate the field.

Don't make it McDonalds, don't make it industry. Rather bring it back where it belongs, to the field of elective surgery.

Will that bring the prices up?Yes.Why? because it will be done as the law requires. Will that eliminate the vast majority of incompetent doctors lurking for pray doing 3,4,5 patients a day not caring how they going to turn up because they charge 2.99.99 dollars per graft (wow what a deal),it sure will.

But trust me Patients will be getting better deal, because HT can cost this:

Disfigurement,depression,100.999.99 dollars in repairs

ruined life

etc

So don't make it industry, don't chase after dr "McDonalds in HT".Regulate the field and make it to be proud that you are part of it....that is it.

why repeat over and over same thing again?

What bashing?There is questions...simplified in one sentence would be I want to know is the USA law constantly broken by violating law provisions,or not? I can't ask that?If it is,please,fix it,by taking action.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=144896

Got to go to work

john, i get what you are saying. i agree with alot of it.... and as a whole this industry IS dirty, so these posters crying about you being vocal about your views should zip it IMO.... what happened to you is real. and there are FAR more idiot docs doing work on guys then there are decent docs.. you are right. i think you should keep talking, share your experience... id still like to see you post your views on other hair loss forums as well.... all the best.

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

Originally posted by lost my swagger:

john, i get what you are saying. i agree with alot of it.... and as a whole this industry IS dirty, so these posters crying about you being vocal about your views should zip it IMO.... what happened to you is real. and there are FAR more idiot docs doing work on guys then there are decent docs.. you are right. i think you should keep talking, share your experience... id still like to see you post your views on other hair loss forums as well.... all the best.

There are a lot of bad doctors out there for sure and a lot are motivated by $$$ but with that said we should try not to give all doctors a bad rap. Even if the large majority of HT doctors are bad we should try to be fair to the few good HT doctors out there.

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

im sorry wantego i do get what you are saying and john has even stated that he feels there are docs out there who do quallity work.. but ANY negative repercussions on these FEW quallity docs(which is minimal at worst) is a direct result of the industry as a whole.... i can live with that.... as long as john is not throwing any specific docs under the bus that he has no first hand knowledge about(which he is not), he should be more than free to talk about the sickening things HIS docs have done to him..as well as challege the WHOLE industry that IS, in LARGE part, responsible for lessening his quallity of life.... does john need to take resposibility also?? sure.... but how much?? many of us in his shoes, being told the lies he was told, would have been just as eager to go through this. they are "doctors" telling him this. they are supposed to be credible. these "good" docs are not being hurt by johns story IMO. but what IS brough to our attention is the UNACCEPTABLE amount of clowns out there calling themselves 'experts' in the HT field... any negativity brought to light in this industry is a direct result of the industry itself... its deserved.

edit--- its also been brought to my attention that john is being denied accounts on other forums.. just thought you should be aware what that may or may not mean..

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

Originally posted by lost my swagger:

im sorry wantego i do get what you are saying and john has even stated that he feels there are docs out there who do quallity work.. but ANY negative repercussions on these FEW quallity docs(which is minimal at worst) is a direct result of the industry as a whole.... i can live with that.... as long as john is not throwing any specific docs under the bus that he has no first hand knowledge about(which he is not), he should be more than free to talk about the sickening things HIS docs have done to him..as well as challege the WHOLE industry that IS, in LARGE part, responsible for lessening his quallity of life.... does john need to take resposibility also?? sure.... but how much?? many of us in his shoes, being told the lies he was told, would have been just as eager to go through this. they are "doctors" telling him this. they are supposed to be credible. these "good" docs are not being hurt by johns story IMO. but what IS brough to our attention is the UNACCEPTABLE amount of clowns out there calling themselves 'experts' in the HT field... any negativity brought to light in this industry is a direct result of the industry itself... its deserved.

edit--- its also been brought to my attention that john is being denied accounts on other forums.. just thought you should be aware what that may or may not mean..

Lost I never meant to imply that John should not be allowed to tell his story in any way. Quite the contrary I believe it is even more important to hear the bad HT stories like John has spoken of as a warning than the good HT stories.

I just feel that it would be unfair if good doctors would be automatically linked with bad doctors be it in HT's or any other kind of medical procedure. For instance if doctor ABC is a great fair honorable doctor do we want him linked with doctor XYZ who is a horrible greedy butcher? That would hurt not only doctor ABC but also hurt patients looking for a good doctor.

It is disconcerting reading that John is being turned away from other boards unless they have a legitimate reason which we do not know of.

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Wantego,Lost my swagger,Optimus prime

We are all humans and as such we all are needy and vulnerable.

We are easily led astray in our attempts to know the world around us. Our capacity to reason is as fragile as our capacity to know; it relies upon language and is prone to error and undue influence.

When we act, we may do so selfishly or impulsively or in ignorance, on the basis of faulty reasoning or false information or others' emotive speech.

It is not personal vendeta,it is not a rant.Or if some out there see it that way,give me at least ,that is not that ONLY.

Since I had become member here,I got emails,which I won't say from who,not a doctor any way,offering "help" monetary,for me to do repair work and put the ball down here.

I thanked for the best wishes to that person.It might be genuine filantropy.I believe it is.

But is it so strange,that I want justice?

Not only for me.For thousands like me.Did you know that 30% of customers of hair wigs (or systems as they call it) in hair saloons are former patients of butchered HT's?

Here is just one example I was able to find on this site with one click in few seconds:

Mahair

Guru Real Hair Club Member

Posted July 27, 2003 03:37 PM

Hello I am looking for a solution to a recent hair transplant procedure which has scarred me up in the front hairline and divoted throughout my front scalp .Unfortunately the poorly trained Dr. left me with a hairline which is only three fingers away from where my eyebrows are.Are there any systems that cover that far?I would also need it to cover back to the crown as I have lost hair to that point since the procedure ,in only two months I might add ,due to shock loss from his incompetence.Do not get a transplant unless you do a ton of research or you may end up the next victim so don't think it could'nt happen to you.

[This message was edited by Mahair on July 27, 2003 at 03:04 PM.]

People are just so emotional about it,so ashamed that they would not expose,the scars,the story.Do you think this is easy for me?To put my self public like this?It is not.

Likewise, there's no reason why to believe that pursuing the answers to the questions I ask should work in my self-interest.Or if you insist to see it that way,add NOT my self interes only. (What self-interest is depends on the time-scale we adopt, and how effectively we might achieve this goal also depends on our insight into what harms and benefits us).

If we want to know what drives human beings,now we are getting into philosophy...and that is not topic here.

Lets write and read carefully all we say about this, as well as what we need to assume and what to prove with facts,if the rest of this subject is to make sense.

So the question really is :

Surprisingly,HT Industry, adopted term,as it perfectly fits, thinks little of Medical Ethics and limitations of the Law,and rather converts everything into customer satissfaction and happiness that can be expected from providing good service.In other words,who is the best craftsmen,artist,who DOES best HT.

What is the political,medical,business fate of this rather controversial sounding creature - Hair Transplant INDUSTRY?

I explain in my other post and I don't want to repeat,what are the economic laws of market....competition....low overhaul...low cost...profit...and how that impacts field that provides MEDICAL SERVICE,medical care.

They 2 are incompatible.

You all agree about what is done in the HT field.You also agree that is done on epidemic scale.Now,should we accept and even more important allow,"natural condition of HT field"to be a state of , insecurity and constant threat that some uneducated patient becomes victom.

You keep saying it is duty for one who wishes to get HT to get informed about the jungle that is out there....?Where did you get that from.Where that duty derives from?

Title MD. D.O gives the majority of people confidence that they are dealing with reall doctor.They trust the doctors A PRIORI,not A posteriori.

Really the argument is that the alternative to Physicians in the HT Field FINALY regulating,establishing STANDARDS subordinate to the laws, is a situation no one could reasonably wish for, critical mass of victoms to pressure government to do the change.

That we must all wish to avoid. Our only reasonable option, therefore, is the "sovereign" authority that is totally earned here among this coalition doctors to help patients put predators accountable.

Deal with the "natural condition" of non-government regulation,resulting in creating bad name for HT, also called the "state of nature," first of all,by the ones that are leaders in the HT field.

If you avoid that duty.Don't blame the disfigured seeking justice.Not only that one was lied for,was disfigured for profit,was abandoned and is every day suffering,but one should not seek remedy?People should not hold unethical doctors accountable?Why?Why not?

What that has to do with the ethical doctors you will say?

I say ALLOT,untill you endorse ,malpractice as a standard of care.

Originally posted by john36:

If you avoid that duty.Don't blame the disfigured seeking justice.Not only that one was lied for,was disfigured for profit,was abandoned and is every day suffering,but one should not seek remedy?People should not hold unethical doctors accountable?Why?Why not?

John I do not know why anyone would blame you for a bad HT performed by a doctor. I see a lot of people showing you a lot of sympathy and compassion actually. You just mentioned 1 poster actually offered to help pay for repair work. That is an amazing offer. I agree if your doctor was unethical then he should be held accountable.

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Wantego hi

I know that,I thank you and the others for the compassion.

The part that I wrote and you quote was meant for the HT surgeons here who read my post.

None of them reflected upon my story.None of them has anything to say about it.Except one surgeon,with private message to me.