Changes to the recommended physicians on this community

• Administrators

Hair transplant techniques and results continue to improve. Some physicians and clinics rise to the challenge, while others do not. No physician who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network and or a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians is tenured.

Physicians must continue to demonstrate to this community that they are worthy of recommendation if they are to continue enjoying the privilege of being recommended on this community. Their patient feedback is also critical to maintaining their recommendation.

Physicians Removed

Effective March 1st, I discontinued the recommendation for two clinics. In my opinion they have failed to demonstrate compelling evidence that their techniques and patient results are currently top notch. Thus I do not have sufficient confidence to continue their recommendation.

I informed both of these clinics that they are free and encouraged to participate on this open discussion forum. Perhaps in time they can re-establish the confidence needed for formal recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network.

Physicians Added

On a positive note, I would like to formally welcome Dr. Thomas Nakatsui of Edmonton Canada as our newest Coalition member and Dr. Humayun Mohmand of Islamabad, Pakistan as our recommended physician in Pakistan.

They both went through an extensive review process privately and also publicly on this discussion forum. I believe they demonstrated the high quality of their technique and results and have rightly earned formal recommendation on our community. They have also both placed prominent links to this forum community on their websites as a commitment to operating in a transparent and publicly accountable manner.

Dr. Thomas Nakatsui of Edmonton Canada

Dr. Nakatsui studied ultra refined follicular unit grafting with Dr. Wong and is a dermatologist who specializes in hair transplantation. He is also a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and he is board certified in both the United States and Canada.

To view our community discussion and debate regarding Dr. Nakatsui's Coalition membership, click here.

To view the patient photo album that Dr. Nakatsui submitted for review on this forum, including member comments, click here.

Additional photos are available at this website at http://www.drnakatsui.com/gallery.html

Dr. Humayun Mohmand of Islamabad, Pakistan

Dr. Mohmand has a very impressive background as a plastic and reconstructive surgeon, certified by the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. During the past few years he has concentrated on hair restoration surgery. He has been actively participating in the ISHRS meetings since 2002.

To view our community discussion and debate regarding Dr. Mohmand's recommendation, click here.

Links to his three photo albums (Trichophytic Closures, Male Hair Transplant Patients of Dr. Mohmand and Female Hair Transplant Patients) are embedded in this topic.

Future Physician Recommendations

All potential future recommendations will first be discussed openly on this forum community before a final decision is made. Physicians must be accountable to this community from day one and every day afterwards.

All new recommended physicians and Coalition members will also be required to display prominent links to this forum community on the home page of their website. Physicians who are recommended on this community must operate knowing that today's patient may be tomorrow's poster.

Accountability = Credibility

Onwards and Upwards, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• Administrators

In the past I have removed physicians from formal recommendation on this community without making any public statement. Essentially they were typically allowed to quietly dissapear.

The formal recommendations on the Hair Transplant Network have always acted as a white list of physicians based upon their results and reputation. This site has never had a "black list".

However, searches for any particular physician or clinic using the "Find" feature will reveal all the positive and or negative comments going back over five years.

The two physicians were removed not due to any particular incident or patient report but rather due to a lack of positive feedback over time that on balance has led me to error on the side of caution and discontinue their recommendations. No doubt they both have many happy patients. But these two clinics and their patients failed to present compelling evidence of positive results on this forum.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Ok Pat, I can respect that.

I understand if want to be really mean and secretive, and not share with us!!!!

Just Kidding!!!!

I appreciate that you cannot point toward any negative, but as a community we do need some current information regarding these clinics.

I am glad that you are holding these Docs to a higher standard.

Thanks Pat!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Pat,

Thank you for the update. I continue to support your outstanding efforts to recommend only those who have met the high standards of this community, either for recommendation or coalition membership. Obviously, as you said, constant assessment is needed to determine this which means revision is part of our growing community. We hope to continue to ADD doctors to the list, however, we continue to push doctors to meet our standards rather than come down to their level. Those who cut it will continue to be recommended and/or a coalition member. Those who don't...will be removed. I continue to support this. Thanks again.

Bill