vitamin/supplement regimen

Hi. I'm writing to ask anybody what kind of vitamin or supplement regimen people might be using to complement HT's and propecia/rogaine. Other than using a multi vitamin, I'm doing nothing in the area of supplementing, and am realizing that I probably should be. I would be happy to hear what others are taking and how they find results (if any)... or if they can tell. Thanks very much for your help.

Hi. I'm writing to ask anybody what kind of vitamin or supplement regimen people might be using to complement HT's and propecia/rogaine. Other than using a multi vitamin, I'm doing nothing in the area of supplementing, and am realizing that I probably should be. I would be happy to hear what others are taking and how they find results (if any)... or if they can tell. Thanks very much for your help.

I don't think taking vitamins is going to do anything for hair loss.

Some people have tried using Lysine (an amino acid) to supposedly make Propecia more effective. There is one study suggesting it can help, but the jury may still be out.

I suggest using Vitamin C before during and after any surgical procedure, as C can help speed healing. One or two grams (or more) spread out throughout the day, taken with food.

Yes, I have been taking this combination of vitamins in conjunction with Propecia and Rogain with my HT for the past 5 years and its been working for me over the past 5 years: (in addition to this combo helping DHT, it also has strong anti oxidant effects which helps immune system as well as cell regeneration or slow down for anti aging effects)

Multi vitamin

Bee Pollen

25mg B6

100mg Zinc

1000mg Vitamin C

1000 IU Vitamin E

saw Pallmetto

I've been reading that flaxseed oil is good for hair growth. I'm going to start taking it daily. It's supposed to be good for a lot of other things such as lowering the risk of heart disease, lowering cholesterol and blood pressure.

I found this at www.wholehealthmd.com -

"The abundant omega-3 fatty acids in flaxseed oil have been shown to contribute to healthy hair growth (in fact, low levels of these acids may cause dry and lackluster locks). Hair problems exacerbated by psoriasis or eczema of the scalp may respond to the skin-revitalizing and anti-inflammatory actions of flaxseed oil as well."

Guest Pumpkinhole

i have a broad background in nutrition, and i strongly believe in flax oil. i have no idea whether it can help the appearance of hair, but i do know that it's worth taking. you'd have to try really hard to get enough omega 3 fatty acids from food alone, and though some are convinced supplements are a waste of money and unnecessary, i happen to think that flax oil is one supplement EVERYONE should take. our over-processed, refined diets remove this substance that is crucial for skin & nerve health.

i sound like an advertisement. but there are some good studies out there corroborating the above statements.