Alexander or Shapiro?

Hi all, first time poster here and hoping for some help!

I have been doing my research for months and been glued to this forum. I have had consultations and have narrowed down my choice of surgeon to either Dr Alexander or Dr Ron Shapiro.

I think I am a NW3 and am looking at having my hairline and frontal third done, strip procedure.

Given the choice who would you experts choose out of the two? Also would I expect any difference in the quality of the result from one or the other?

I am pretty much torn, Shapiro seems the established pioneer and always consistent, but Alexander's photos just blow me away.

Thanks for your opinions.

Hi all, first time poster here and hoping for some help!

I have been doing my research for months and been glued to this forum. I have had consultations and have narrowed down my choice of surgeon to either Dr Alexander or Dr Ron Shapiro.

I think I am a NW3 and am looking at having my hairline and frontal third done, strip procedure.

Given the choice who would you experts choose out of the two? Also would I expect any difference in the quality of the result from one or the other?

I am pretty much torn, Shapiro seems the established pioneer and always consistent, but Alexander's photos just blow me away.

Thanks for your opinions.

WOW! Tough question! I garuantee you'll get the same answer though which is "you cant go wrong w/ either one" Look at it this way either way you go you win!

Where are you located?

How many grafts do you need?

These are the two doctors that were my final two choices. You cant wrong with either. I cant speak about Dr Alexanders clinic but SMG has been nothing short of amazing .

The work and the aftercare is awesome. They are always there for you .Hell they still call a year later just to say hi knowing Im done with any big surgeries.

Dr Ron emailed last week the day I emailed him about the possibilty of a small fue session for temple points and was confident it was no problem. I like the fact that they have incorporated fue now. So if there is ANY issue after surgery like the scar or a couple grafts in the hairline you want changed that can be addressed without another strip.

Plus when I was there I saw a ton of photos that were as good or better then their website.

In the end the choice I made was the best one for me .

Originally posted by flyby:

MERCEDES VS. BMW here! Both are awesome doctors who consistently produce incredible results.

Dr. Alexander

2739 on 12/5/07

Flyby:

Are you going to start a weblog, or have you? I ask as I've seen some amazing results that Dr. Alexander's clinic has posted but your the only "active" member I thought of right off-hand.

Thanks.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Thanks fellas, that gives me a lot of confidence that I am on the right lines with the 2 docs.

I am traveling from Europe, so consults have only been through photo and phone consults. Looking at between 2000-2500 grafts but am prepared to go up to 3000 if the doc things I need it when we meet.

Might end up being a toss of a coin or even which flights are most convenient in the end!

Hair of the dog--Obviously, we would love to have you at SMG..........

However, you have arrived at a tough decision, narrowing down 2 great docs. I had the same debate for my research between Dr. Shapiro and Dr. Wong, my choice is obvious, but this should be the FUN PART for you!!!!!

My suggestion is to write down the 4-5 issues MOST important to you and then put the doctor name that you feel best meets your needs.

I know you have a difficult decision, but either choice will serve you well.

You should feel great that you have done enough research to reach this point and the FACT that either decision will produce great results.

Take Care, and Good Luck!!!

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Thanks for the advice B spot, I also appreciate the fact that you can acknowledge the quality of another doc.

I do feel good that I am at this stage, and also getting closer to the real excitement of booking the day!!

As you guys have said, whichever way I jump I will be in great hands.

Hair of the dog,

Welcome to our discussion forum.

In my opinion, the Shapiros (Dr. Ron and Dr. Paul) and Dr. Alexander are first rate.

In my opinion, consult with both of them, and look through multipled before/after pictures posted in the "hair transplant patient photo albums" section of the forum.

I think you will have a difficult time choosing between these fine physicians, but the good news is, no matter which one you choose, you have made a good choice icon_smile.gif

Best wishes,

Bill