3 WEEKS OUT, NEW GROWTH?

Im 3 weeks out,and and was wondering if shedding all the grafts by week 2 1/2 is normal .

The scabs were all gone within 6 days with no rubbing at all,and the scalp is back to normal color. Ive had 2 other procedures in the 90s and it took alot longer for those things to happen .

Is that shedding too soon?

If not and all those things are good then I recommend for the first 3 days graftcyte and emu gold afterwards.

I also am seeing alot of hairs just starting to poke through.

Are those shocked hairs coming back or new hairs ?

Im 3 weeks out,and and was wondering if shedding all the grafts by week 2 1/2 is normal .

The scabs were all gone within 6 days with no rubbing at all,and the scalp is back to normal color. Ive had 2 other procedures in the 90s and it took alot longer for those things to happen .

If not and all those things are good then I recommend for the first 3 days graftcyte and emu gold afterwards.

Hmmm... interesting! I really dont know what is normal. I was told i would have lost all my tranplanted hairs by now (three weeks) but actually almost all of them are staying put and noticeably longer than when first put in. I'm certainly nowhere near losing and beginning regrowth yet! So i guess it just shows all are different... I am hoping the hairs i have will stick around now, but i still expect to lose them. We'll see... and if you are in fact gaining yours back already after fast loss... WOW! that is great! icon_biggrin.gif

Dear Please Grow Please,

I am currently using Vit E oil on scalp after washing it. I am at day 4.

What is graftcyte and where can you get it? Also, what is emu gold?

Look forward to your response!

HAIRFREE

DR. RAHAL - 4/4/07

3489 grafts - 7571 hairs

455 single hairs

1986 double hairs

1048 three hairs

Emu gold is the brand of emu oil I use .The stuff is fantastic for everything. My sister used it around her eyes for 6 months and it erased her crows feet by at least 85%.

Graftcyte was a spray I received for free from the place I went for my repair job. It really helped for my scabs to fall off so quick, and I believe the emu helped the pinkness go away within days of using it ,well at least Im hoping this was all good .

It also had to do with the Dr and the small blades that were used.

Hi all

It is normal for the new grafts to fall out within 3 weeks or so.. Graftcyte is a post op care product(s) which assist in the care. It is debatable whether or not it actually has any "additional effect" than without using it ( I have never used it).. Emu oil is a popular mosturizer plus plus, and supposedly has many benefits..

I'll tell you, I have been using pure Aloe on my head for my third HT and the healing results have been considerably faster than my previous 2.. I used the 99.5% pure gel and put it on the donor area as well as the scalp..

Works good!! i have not lost my grafts yet and I am at almost 3 weeks ( hopefully they won't shed but it's doubtful)

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Originally posted by PLEASE GROW PLEASE:

As for the shedding, yes, completely normal - if there is such at thing with HT's icon_wink.gif. Great news about the scabs but with today's ultra refined incisions the healing time is so much better than in years past..........great thing, huh!

New growth varies............I believe I saw some activity at 6 weeks which was very early, I don't know if I've EVER heard of 3 weeks but who knows icon_confused.gif? Doesn't really sound like enough time for the hair to have shed then started to grow but I'll never say never.

Shocked hair MAY come back then but usually it takes a little longer. I believe in my case it was just over the 2 month mark.

Good luck,

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Is it possible you're just looking way too closely in different light conditions & at weird angles? I know I did that myself, I was staring at my scalp like a complete nut for the first few weeks after my HT and saw things there I never knew existed icon_smile.gif

3 weeks out is very early. I'm not saying it's not possible because I don't know for sure, but if you have growth at 3 weeks you're probably going to make medical history.

Don't worry, it will grow. When it does, you won't mistake it for anything else and there won't be any "maybes", you're going to love what's happening when it does. The wait sucks, but it makes it all the better when the growing starts (as you can probably tell, my growth started last week, at 2.5 months... WOOHOO!).

Grafts typically shed between 2-4 weeks, though some hang on longer.

You should not expect to see any new growth until at least month 3...though some do start a little earlier and some later. Full results won't be seen until month 12, but you should start to see some good growth by month 6 (give or take).

good luck my friend.

Bill

New growth at 3 weeks post op? I'm skeptical (not that I wouldn't want that, I just hope you're not disappointed if it isn't). On an average, most patient's shedding phase lasts up to 2 to 2 1/2 months post op. We've had patients who got excited that they didn't see any shedding by week 6 - only to be depressed at week 8 and 9. New growth typically starts around 3 months to 4 months. Again, these are "typical" or "average" timeframes. Youngguy's early new growth at 2 1/2 months is definately not typical - count yourself to be in the lucky minority YG. - Good luck with both your HT surgeries!

I realize I'm not typical, definitely. But maybe there's things one can do to help growth. I'm younger than most folks getting HTs (at 27) and I work out daily, which probably improves blood flow.

I wonder whether these two factors combined contributed to early growth, i.e., young age and daily exercise promoting faster healing.

Even with my exceptional planting, I'm still going to doubt you are getting new growth icon_wink.gif

That would be great if you were getting new hairs. I'd have something really great to tout about. BEST OF LUCK!!

Oh I forgot, I'd be happy to send you your surgery data so that you can put your graft/hair count as part of your signature. I'm sure I can also provide your pre op photos as well. Let me know whenever it's convenient.

Yes it was exceptional. There was absolutely no pain in any other of the stages, except sitting on that bullet 9 hours icon_eek.gif .

By the way ,I had that removed here in Illinois and when I had told the Dr about the transplant ,he was impressed and,even more amazed that the scar was once a centimeter wide .He said it was an outstanding closure that might even have hair growth in it.

I just laughed.

Did you have sutures or staples?

I'm glad to hear everything went well with your suture/staple removal appointment. I love the trichophyic closure.

PGP,

I'm sorry the bulllet didn't register the first time. Sometimes you really have to konk my head good to stir anything in there. I do now recall your stories. You were great. PM or email me if you need anything.

F355,

I'm with Bill on what kind of help you need. Are you able to post any pics?