Folliculitis and its affects on a hair transplant

Hi, I just had my third hair transplant about 75 days ago and seem to have gotten folliculitis. I am currently on antibiotics and it does seem to help (6 days of taking erythromycin so far) despite having it all over the front of my head. Unfortunately, I waited a while to have my doctor check it out and all totaled, I have had this irritation and bacteria on my scalp for about 5 weeks now before I got on the meds. Because of this, I am afraid that this will ruin my hair transplant. Anyone have any input to ease my mind?

Hi, I just had my third hair transplant about 75 days ago and seem to have gotten folliculitis. I am currently on antibiotics and it does seem to help (6 days of taking erythromycin so far) despite having it all over the front of my head. Unfortunately, I waited a while to have my doctor check it out and all totaled, I have had this irritation and bacteria on my scalp for about 5 weeks now before I got on the meds. Because of this, I am afraid that this will ruin my hair transplant. Anyone have any input to ease my mind?

I would also like to know what everyone thinks about this. What does your scalp look like shooter? Is it just a few red looking pimples? Is there a white head on them? Does it itch?

- 1 HT ~ 3000 grafts

- Regimen:

Propecia 1X daily

I added a link below for you to see a picture of my scalp from a previous post. I have to admit, my hair does look better since I took this picture about a week or so ago. I contribute that to the meds I am on. I am still very red and spotty, but I don't feel any pimples festering under my skin. To answer your question, no, it really does not itch that much and I really don't have any whiteheads any longer either.

http://hair-restoration-info.c...66060861/m/442105982

You will be surprised at how resilient the follicles are. I cannot give an answer of what is going to happen in your case, but you should keep following up with your physician to make sure this problem completely clears up. I recommend using warm compresses only if there is a few scattered red bumps, and if there is a particular area that is getting a bunch of pimple like lesions the patient is supposed to return immediately. Try and stay positive and remain patient.

Thanks Dr., I appreciate the advice. I will keep monitoring my head and will take the necessary steps to get rid of this. I truly hope that my hairs are as resilient as you say they can be. This would be an awful waste of money if my hair doesn't sprout and grow because of this.