Tight cut hair system - possible?

Arachas

I've worn a hair system for several years for no other reason but to disguise a botched transplant performed in the darke ages. One thing I haven't overvcome is the resistance to wind and the tendency of the hairs to stick out at the join with only the slightest encouragement.

It occurs to me that if I got a tight cut piece, this wouldn't be a problem but my supplier says this would shorten its lifespan.

Is this correct or are they yanking my chain because it may not suit them?

Thanks in advance for any help

• Moderators

Hi Arachas,

I see that was your first post. Welcome to the forums.

There were some posts and a video by MichiganBaldy some time back. I watched his video at the time and I think he talked about using smaller hairpieces with less hair and sort of stretching it slightly so it fits tight.

I did some searching and found the link to his video. Here's his explanation for how to download it:

Go to this link- http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JNLWCF0Z

and in the upper right hand corner you will see "download" it might be covered up by a pop-up ad so you`ll need to close that first.

Anyhow, you will see 3 letters that say please enter (the letters) here.

Enter the letters you see into the box then click download. You should see a timer that counts to 45 seconds, then your default media player will start to play the video."

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Arachas:

Welcome...I feel your pain..I too wore a system for 18 years to cover up scars from my first hair piece that was sutured to my head.

Behappy's link to MB's solution is about the best hair systems I have seen. ..if you can handle the maintenance yourself. As a rule of thumb, IMHO, the lighter and more transparent the system, the more natural it will look against your scalp"???downside, they're not as resilient"???the hair will fall out faster and you will need to replace it more often.

You may also want to scan the forum for people like yourself that opted to repair their prior HT's. There are many excellent Dr's associated with this forum that have helped people like yourself.

Either way, I wish you the best.

Glock08

My Hair Loss Weblog

Dr. True 9/22/06

4326 grafts

2129 1's

2168 2's

6545 Total Hairs

I've just watched the entire video and am very impressed. I've worn the heavier pieces for years and would very much like to wear the lighter pieces.

A couple of things though.

What online sites is MB referring to?

How difficult would it be to cut/style/maintain the piece myself? There was mention of a video. Is this any good and easy to follow? Where can it be got?

Thanks for the help and the interest.

Glock 08. Your improvement is stunning. Congrats.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...