How many number of grafts is correct in one session?

How do you determine the right amount of grafts to tranplant in one session? I had one HT done and they only wanted to do 1200 grafts in the first session. I am a norwood 5 or 6 and I wanted to do at least 3000. I see pictures and read posts of guys in the same norwood scale doing 2000 or 3000 in one session. My doctor told me it was best to be conservative and see where my hair loss goes. I am 37 and I think I can see my range of future loss. What am I missing? Any comments would be welcome. Thanks.

How do you determine the right amount of grafts to tranplant in one session? I had one HT done and they only wanted to do 1200 grafts in the first session. I am a norwood 5 or 6 and I wanted to do at least 3000. I see pictures and read posts of guys in the same norwood scale doing 2000 or 3000 in one session. My doctor told me it was best to be conservative and see where my hair loss goes. I am 37 and I think I can see my range of future loss. What am I missing? Any comments would be welcome. Thanks.

May I ask who the doc was?

I am not being critical.

I see your point. For a layman like myself it is difficult to understand what criteria docs use to determine the quantity of grafts for a 1st time HT on a mature advanced balding patient...especially when scalp laxity & finance are not limiting factors.

Any comments welcome.

It was Dr. Scott Frazier and Betty Studier in Tulsa Ok. They did a good job (as far as I can tell at this point) but I would have rather received more grafts in one session. I am happy with their work but in reality 1200 grafts is not that many in my case. Maybe my situation is different than most others. I just dont know.

cjking-

Judging by the amount of baldness you are describing, I would say that they should have given you more grafts. With your hair loss and age, a doctor doesn't need to be that conservative and 1200 grafts really isn't going to do much. Sometimes doctors don't have the resources in their facility to handle megasessions, but a good, honest doctor should be forthright about that and recommend another doctor who does as another alternative. Some doctors just want your business. With your age and hairloss, I'd agree with you and say get as much done as you can in one setting. There is no need to cut the back of your head open more times just for the kicks of it. For your next session, I'd recommend going to a doctor that has the resources to do megasessions.

Foxlox

I am no expert but I have had 2 mega sessions with the Seager Center in Toronto. I think the first thing is to make sure your doctor specializes in mega sessions and 2nd that he/she has had extensive experience with satisifed customers and great results.

The Seager Center certainly fits all this criteria. My web sit and pictures tell the story of the great job done by the Center. I couldn't be happpier.

www.geocities.com/gdohair