who is the best among these Doctors

totallybald

• Administrators

Super8mm,

Dr. Stow seems to be fairly well known amongst physicians. However, I can't recall ever hearing much about him or his work on this forum.

I suggest you consult with Dr. Gabel in Portland and or also Hasson and Wong who do surgery in Vancouver, Canada.

To learn more about both of these recommended clinics, click here.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Originally posted by totallybald:

after giving it some thought, i am down to either Shapiro or Epstein. any last words of advice?

Their results are equally good, with slightly different areas of expertise IMO. Dr Epstein does FUE, Dr Shapiro doesn't. I will have my next HT with Dr Epstein in exactly 2 weeks so I'll be happy to report to you afterwards, though I'm already confident it'll be a great experience.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

Originally posted by Hoping:

Hairworthy, Epstein did my HT four months ago. I think he is a great choice but I'm curious why, with all of the great press Hasson gets on this board that you have changed doctors for your next transplant?

Well I'm following Pat's footsteps: he visits clinics, so do I. The only difference is I'm getting a HT each time icon_cool.gif

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

I have to agree with what many others have said on this thread regarding Dr. Ron Shapiro. I have never read anything even remotely negative about his skills, his ethics, etc. In my opinion, he does some of the best hairlines in the industry. He is an absolute master at hairlines.

• 1 month later...

Question for Pat. I notice that Dr Feller is not on the list of IAHRS surgeons despite the numerous recommendations for him on this site. Was he on your original list and did he fail to make the cut this time. If so, could you share why you felt that he did not meet the new rigorous standards.

Thanks

• Administrators

Sipa,

I'm not involved in any way with the IAHRS.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

He didnt really answer your question did he, every great question deserves an answer, my guess is the check "is not" in the mail, Pats brainchild is the "Coalition" where most Dr.s pay to be in, if you check the IAHRS Dr. Feller is a member, If you are really interested call Dr. Feller and ask him, Fellermedical.com

Sipa, I wouldn't be too concerned about some of these HT organizations. I recently had a 2063 graft strip procedure from Dr. Feller in order to add density and fill in an area of poor yield from a procedure I had with Dr. Shapiro in March 2005. Dr. Feller's work so far, is head and shoulders above my disappointing Shapiro work i.e. density of 60 grafts/cm2, minimal scabbing, and far less numbness in my donor area. Dr. Feller even removed Shapiro's scar and gave me Tricho closure (which he learned from H+W). All this and Dr. Feller charged about $2000.00 less. Yes, it's far too early to make a final judgement and I don't want to get my hopes too high. By Sep I should get an idea of Dr. Feller's results. At this point it doesn't matter to me what organizations Dr. Feller is a memeber of.

Dandare put on your helmet and prepare for the attacks, it is what it is, if you had bad results it can happen, you will be asked for pictures wich is fair, people think good Dr.s cant have bad results but they do, one word echos in my head over & over---------Techs-Techs-Techs-Techs-Techs, i truly beleive its the Technicians that are to blame for poor growth and the Dr. is to blame for a poor scar, if blame is due, for the record i will not bad talk Shapiro but i have had more than 3 people personally call me on my cell or e-mail me with the same comments you made because they see i have been to Shapiro, When there are bad results many times its not posted, but in all fairness to Dr. Shapiro you should post pictures and back up your statements but thats your choice, hey it is what it is, good luck with your journey

Hi Mudpuppy. There are pictures on this site of my pre and post op pics with Shapiro. They must be about a year old. Do a search under my name. I did not mean my comments as an attack on Shapiro as much as praise for Feller's work (so far). Feller has my pre and post op pics from his work. I knew there were no guarantees going in; but when I looked at your results, I saw me. Where did the 2200 grafts go? As far as being attacked; I don't care. I'm a big boy. I don't know if I will post pics. Don't really want to go down that road of answering all the questions or explain myself to people thinking I'm unfairly attacking Shapiro. Funny, you and I had surgery during March 2005. So, instead of dwelling on the negative, I am hopeful DR. Feller's procedure will get me where I want to go.