Dr Jennifer Martinick good/bad?

overlord

Hello everyone this is my first post.

I want to get a transplant to restore my frontal hair line, I am a norwood 2 maybe 3.

I have used all the big names Minox., Pro, Dust. and now going to get my frontal hairline filled in. I have done alot of reseacrh and am down to 2 surgeons.

I have been to see Dr Martinick she has told me approx 1500 grafts. Strip procedure

Is there anyone out there with photo's or seen patient follow-ups from her?

I have been offered a very good price for the procedure

I have also consulted with Dr Woods, FUE inventor, he has told me about 1000 grafts. FUE grafts.

He has giving a price of $15k, I know more labour intesive, I am interested why one would say 1000 and the other 1500, I know of micro scarring around hair removed with FUE, is this a drama for other peopl that have had further HT.

What my main concern is how good is Dr Martinick, I have not seen any before after photo's is there anyone on here that has been to her and had a great or bad result apart from Charlieb?

Thanks again, I am really worried about this issue.

Hello everyone this is my first post.

I want to get a transplant to restore my frontal hair line, I am a norwood 2 maybe 3.

I have used all the big names Minox., Pro, Dust. and now going to get my frontal hairline filled in. I have done alot of reseacrh and am down to 2 surgeons.

I have been to see Dr Martinick she has told me approx 1500 grafts. Strip procedure

Is there anyone out there with photo's or seen patient follow-ups from her?

I have been offered a very good price for the procedure

I have also consulted with Dr Woods, FUE inventor, he has told me about 1000 grafts. FUE grafts.

He has giving a price of $15k, I know more labour intesive, I am interested why one would say 1000 and the other 1500, I know of micro scarring around hair removed with FUE, is this a drama for other peopl that have had further HT.

What my main concern is how good is Dr Martinick, I have not seen any before after photo's is there anyone on here that has been to her and had a great or bad result apart from Charlieb?

Thanks again, I am really worried about this issue.

overlord,

where are you and how old are you? I learned after a couple of post that if you post a couple pics of your head you'll get some very solid recommendations.

You might type in Alexander in the Search feature and check out some of his hairlines, as they are awesome. He's in Arizona.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Thanks for that Dewayne, I am in Australia, I'm 29, I have attached a photo, would like to hear recommendations from others as to how many grafts I would need. But more importantnly anyone been to Dr Martinick and do they have any results/photo's they could post to see quality of work, thanks again.

Using:

Avodart

5% Minoxilidil

Saw Palmetto

Nizoral

Front_holding_hair_back.JPG.93b97f9307f6225338ef5e1b80ddfc9c.JPG

overlord,

At this time, we do not feel comfortable recommending any physicians in Australia. Dr. Martinick was once recommended here, but because Pat and I no longer felt confident in her ability, she is no longer recommended here. She was however, invited to post on our community so we could re-evaluate her, but to date, she has not taken us up on her offer.

In my opinion, I'd consider traveling at this time to receive state of the art hair transplantation. To see a list of all who we recommend, click here. To see our high level of membership standards, click here.

Best wishes,

Bill

a patient of hers posted results on here not too long ago which looked terrible. the grafts were planted in what looked like cornrows. i'd definitely listen to Bill and consider traveling for an ht....

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Am I reading your post right? Did you say 1500 grafts for $15,000? Are you friggin kidding me? You could get 1500 for half of that and go to a real doc that will give you great results. F those guys! Check out Alexandef, H&W, Feller, Shapiro, Rahal, Epstien, just to name a few.

Hi guys, thanks for your help, from all the information I have read in regards to Dr Martinick, she seems to be a real pioneer in regards to her transplants, she has a huge CV of awards and recognitions, I am just trying to find if anyone has had a surgery with her. Travelling O/S is too expensive for me, I don't think I could afford it. Is there anyone else is Australia?

Thanks again

seems to be a real pioneer in regards to her transplants, she has a huge CV of awards and recognitions

these two statements mean nothing. you want an ht doc that does modern, ultra-refined work. it doesn't matter what they pioneered, and my doc boasted awards too--he still used outdated technology.

the bottom line regarding the funds to travel is that if your doc screws up you'll be paying twicefold to get it fixed. it pays to get it done right the first time. also most docs will pay for part of your travel and lodging.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hi Hairthere I sent a 3 page letter and 8 photos to Hasson & Wong early last week and had no responce, I heard they are the best in the world, from research etc, but no response in regards to travel or even a reply! Any recommendations? Or any Aussie's that have been O/S for HT?

Thanks

overlord, h&w are among the top 5 docs in the world. i suggest you call them directly or look for the poster jotronic on this forum (you can send him a private message). he works for h&w and is a very helpful/good guy that has had an amazing transformation. i think what they do is cover half your airfare and put you up for 2 nights in a hotel. trust me, the cost factor should not exist with hts: my first doc charged me $7,000 and he did a lousy job. i ended up having to pay even more for the second ht to have it done right. best of luck to you....

• 1 month later...

This just made me think of this, so don't take this as a slap at this doctor b/c I don't know him/her. However, I am amazed at so many hair transplant surgeons who bill themselves as a 'pioneer', 'creator' or some inventor of modern transplantation surgery.

I should of known my first doctor was stretching the truth by stating he was the "inventor of modern micrografting" right there in North Alabama. icon_razz.gif

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Nick,

Dr. Martinick patient posted a controversial postoperative photo that frankly didn't look like state of the art work or a natural crown sworl. Pat Hennessey, publisher of the Hair Transplant Network followed up with her to obtain more detail on the case and also to encourage her to post compelling examples of recent work to continue her recommendation status. But since she chose not to post evidence of her recent compelling work online, we didn't feel confident enough to continue recommending her.

Thanks,

Bill