Question(s)

Hello all, first I have been reading this forum for quite some time and like to thank you for hosting such a fine forum.

I had a Hair Transplant almost two months ago and wonder what will the new hair look like when it initially grows?

Has anybody ever heard of transplanted hair not growing? If so, what factors contribute to a failed hair transplant?

Does anybody here use both Rogaine and Propecia?

Is the use of both of these products beneficial or a waste of money?

Has anybody ever had a hair transplant with Dr Jeffery Waesche? Opinions?

Hello all, first I have been reading this forum for quite some time and like to thank you for hosting such a fine forum.

I had a Hair Transplant almost two months ago and wonder what will the new hair look like when it initially grows?

Has anybody ever heard of transplanted hair not growing? If so, what factors contribute to a failed hair transplant?

Does anybody here use both Rogaine and Propecia?

Is the use of both of these products beneficial or a waste of money?

Has anybody ever had a hair transplant with Dr Jeffery Waesche? Opinions?

I think if you check out some weblogs, it will answer your questions better; as you can view different people at 3 months, 6 months, etc.....

I started both Rogaine and Propecia today, as I'm 2 wks. out. There's proof it can be very beneficial.

Never heard of that doc. I have heard of bad transplants and some that have very low yields. Have you considered posting some pics or starting a weblog?

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

It sounds like it's a little late to run. He's already had the procedure done. As far as transplanted hair not growing.... Yes it happens. It happened to me. You need to wait another month minimum to see if it starts growing. If it does not grow DONT PANIC. Some people take 4-5 months to see a differance. I would say if you dont see any differance in 6 months than maybe you should be concerned. Make sure you dont go back to a "gaurantee" if it does not grow. Count your losses or try to get your money back "the former unlikley", do research and find a doc w/ a good track record. AKA Hasson and Wong

Johna1a,

Welcome to our forum community.

There are a number of factors that can contribute to a "failed hair transplant", but let me say up front that at 2 months, your transplanted hair will most likley not be growing yet. New growth only typically starts between 3 and 5 months, so you have some time. So I will help to answer your questions, but try not to think negatively at this point as you only just had your hair transplant 2 months ago. The wait is the hardest part.

The number 1 cause of a failed hair transplant is the proper care and handling of the follicular unit grafts during surgery, either during the dissecting process, placement process, or holding process. If the grafts are damaged in any way, after they are inserted, they will not grow.

Other physiological factors can cause poor growth including scalp problems such as an infection or scarring, etc.

Regarding Propecia and Rogaine, in my opinion, they are the best non surgical hair loss treatment options available and have the best chance at stimulating natural hair regrowth when used together. Transplanted hair will grow on its own if the hair transplant was successful, but don't look for your final result until about 12 months.

I hope this helps.

Bill

Bill

Thank you for your response, I appreciate it.

One thing that I have noticed with my transplant is the simple fact that little to none of the hair attached to the follicle has fallen out.

Is this an indication of anything?

If the follicle didn't survive the operation, is there a way for me to figure it out prior to one year?

As far as I know there is no way that you would be able to really tell anything after about 2 weeks other than have little growth. In the first few days you would see the hair with a lot of tissue and blood. After that it just won't grow once it has fallen out.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90