Saline, Graftcyte, Cortisone, Aloe Vera...

Saline, Graftcyte, Cortisone, Aloe Vera. Is this all I would need for post HT healing?

Is all saline created equal? I saw at Rite Aid a sterile "Saline Solution" to rinse contact lenses. It contains sodium chloride, boric acid and sodium borate. Would this be it? Also, does anyone know what Dr provides for post-op to patients?

Essentially, what do I need to buy to have ready for post surgery. Does he give saline, graftcyte or anything to put on top? Getting rid of the scabs and redness are the primary goals in healing.

thanks,

Unless he specifically tells you to use ANY of that, you probably won't need it. I can understand wanting to be prepared but you may be overshooting just a bit.

Graftcyte is certainly helpful in speeding along healing and high-quality Aloe Vera could possibly come in handy after the grafts have set (~10 days post op) but saline and cortisone? Did Dr. Feller say you would need that post-op? Or did you get that info from somewhere else?

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

I wouldn't worry about being too prepared either. Call Dr. Feller's office for pre-op and post-care instructions. Most clinics send out a pre-op packet two-three weeks prior to surgery, which contains your full instructions for before and after surgery. Best of luck!

Hi all,

Dr. Feller and I did not discuss any post-op care above and beyond a) not touching the grafts in any way for a while and b) careful shampooing, all of which he detailed in the (printed) post-op instructions he gave me. I had no problems with (notable) scabbing, flaky scalp skin, soreness, or anything else.

Benjamin

Originally posted by John_in_NC:

Saline, Graftcyte, Cortisone, Aloe Vera. Is this all I would need for post HT healing?

Is all saline created equal? I saw at Rite Aid a sterile "Saline Solution" to rinse contact lenses. It contains sodium chloride, boric acid and sodium borate. Would this be it? Also, does anyone know what Dr Feller provides for post-op to patients?

Essentially, what do I need to buy to have ready for post surgery. Does he give saline, graftcyte or anything to put on top? Getting rid of the scabs and redness are the primary goals in healing.

thanks,

Id get the Graphcyte kit from the doc, then when that runs out, switch to saline....goto pharmacy and ask for saline for wound hydration...comes in a big clear bottle (at least mine did),

Id also have on hand some Emu oil, well lots of emu oil, some Fruit of the Earth aloe vera...ScarZone or mederma (whatever you choose, I used Scarzone)....

I wouldnt worry bout Cort, you can do w/out that one....

Good Luck...