Body Hair Transplantation (BHT) presentation by Dr. Bob True

• Administrators

Transplanting hair from the body to the balding scalp, typically referred to as Body Hair Transplantation or BHT for short, has become a subject of intense interest to many patients (especially those who are endowed with the body hair of hairy back gorilla).

Some hair transplant physicians have been experimenting with and studying the viability of such body to scalp hair transplants, including Coalition member Dr. Bob True in New York City.

Dr. True made an excellent presentation on this subject at the recent annual ISHRS (International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery) meeting in San Diego this October. He was kind enough to provide me with his presentation so that I could share highlights of his findings on this forum.

To view the highlights and photos from his presentation, see the photo album entitled "Hair Transplantation (BHT) presentation by Dr. Bob True"

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

I had chest and arm hair transplanted to my scalp last week. Previously, I had chest and abdominal hair moved up on top with a good cosmetic result.

While I was having work done, I talked with a patient who had his hairline rebuilt with chest hair. This guy was having additional chest hair placed in his strip scars to camoflauge them.

Dr. True is right. In the right circumstances, body hair can help make a big difference.

Again the information presented offers alot of insight to anyone who is considering BHT. I think that BHT's role has been a bit misunderstood at this point with it being so new. BHT role as 'filler hair ' is crucial for those with limited scalp hair to offer coverage . I would always encourage an individual to have as much scalp hair placed before proceeding with BHT. The two are not one in the same but each offers its own unique benefit.

Curious = How much work did you have done ?

www.myhairtransformation.com

Guest Cousin_It

You know, after all this talk about BHT, I am seriously considering trying this out on a test area, it really has my curiousity peaked. Have to speak to Feller and see if he is game.