graft yield

I know this has been discussed before, but what is the average percent of the grafts that grow. In other words, are there some grafts that never grow due to techs/docs making mistakes, ie, the grafts drying out before being transplanted, incorrect depth of incision and also, not taking proper post-op care, etc.... Are the grafts that fragile? Has anybody had experiences where a lot of the grafts never grew? Thanks for the info.

I know this has been discussed before, but what is the average percent of the grafts that grow. In other words, are there some grafts that never grow due to techs/docs making mistakes, ie, the grafts drying out before being transplanted, incorrect depth of incision and also, not taking proper post-op care, etc.... Are the grafts that fragile? Has anybody had experiences where a lot of the grafts never grew? Thanks for the info.

I've heard 90% - 100% of HT grafts should grow. Basically, a healthy graft will grow anywhere it is placed when the blood supply is adequate.

Usually, when people complain that all their grafts didn't grow, it is normally existing hair falling out due to their progressive hair loss. In other words, it may look like grafts didn't grow but it could be the results of further hair loss.

There are some reasons that grafts won't grow. Two that I know of are 1.) The grafts may be mishandled and damage the follicle(s) or 2.) too many grafts are done in a single session and packed too densely.

I was quoted by my doc that 95 to 98% will grow (strip). I really don't have any way of telling, my growth seems to be pretty significant, but really thin at the six month mark (yesterday). I am hoping (like everybody) for significant density improvement over the next three to four months. I had alot of hair shock out that probably didn't come back so really hard to tell.

Cheers