Question for Jotronic

Grommit

The ACell extracellular matrix has just been released and I was curious to know what your honest opinion is about the product. What are the odds that ACell would ACTUALLY regenerate donor hair if applied to strip or FUE wounds? I personally see it as unlikely, and as Dr. Feller stated on another forum, it is very hard to imagine a product growing back an actual organ like a hair follicle. However, for some reason it appears to have regenerated skin and follicles on animals wich is very peculiar. Is this product really that groundbreaking and is H&W willing to experiment with the POSSIBILITY of unlimited donor? Thanks!!

The ACell extracellular matrix has just been released and I was curious to know what your honest opinion is about the product. What are the odds that ACell would ACTUALLY regenerate donor hair if applied to strip or FUE wounds? I personally see it as unlikely, and as Dr. Feller stated on another forum, it is very hard to imagine a product growing back an actual organ like a hair follicle. However, for some reason it appears to have regenerated skin and follicles on animals wich is very peculiar. Is this product really that groundbreaking and is H&W willing to experiment with the POSSIBILITY of unlimited donor? Thanks!!

Grommit,

I think the idea of Acell's Matrix product is fantastic but then again I also think that cloning would be fantastic too and we all know where that treatment is.

I make this statement because as of yet there is absolutely NO evidence that this will work the same way that we have seen in the videos and photos on Acell's site which currently show only results on animals. Human physiology is much different and more complex that that of other animals so while it is intriguing to read about this I urge caution to anyone willing to sign up for this especially if it's for an "experiment".

And no, I am not a skeptic, I'm just realistic. In fact, I was among the first to actually call Acell and speak with them about this very subject and I've spoken with them several times since. To date, there are no results from any sort of cosmetic practice utilizing Matrix and the only human results are, from what I have been told, from use on diabetic ulcers. Results in this area however have apparently been quite promising but then again diabetic ulcers and hair transplantation are two completely different things. I know there is the gentleman with the regrown fingertip but I don't find this to be a reliable indication of results.

I think there is a lot of potential to this product but as I said, I am realistic but cautiously excited as well. After all, I am a patient too.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Thanks for the insight, honesty, and prompt response Joe! I have been told that ACell has been shipped to at least one transplant doctor, so I suppose we will know soon enough. On a side note, since we're being cautiously excited, could you IMAGINE what H&W could do with even 50% more donor? Scary.

• 1 month later...

Theres not really a big deal with getting something that works on animals to work on humans, its only a matter of time. My current phone has 8gb of memory, thats 16,000 times the memory of a commodore Amiga, and thats in a tiny chip, didnt take long for that sort of advancement. My missus is a geneticist and she very kindly looked into this for me, and it seems very promising. Balls to the extra hair. Im thinking goodbye donor scar.

• 3 weeks later...

Jotronic,

I know for legal reasons H&W was unable to experiment with Acell. However, it has been a little under 3 months since its release, and I was wondering if you were privy to any new information. Are we to assume the tests by other doctors were unsuccessful?

Thanks alot. Even though I know these speculative questions are probably tiring for you, your input is always objective and valuable.

• 2 weeks later...
I was wondering if you were privy to any new information. Are we to assume the tests by other doctors were unsuccessful?

No and no. I have heard zero information about this so I can't say that assumptions would be safe at this point.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 2 weeks later...