Dr. True of NYC

forest179

forest,

nothing from personal experiance. I have heard great things.

I'm sure GratefulHead would be more than gald to answer any questions for you if you send him a private message.

Here's a start..

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=5696015661&f=5466060861&m=316104147&r=682108347#682108347

and

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumcomments&s=5696015661&f=1466060861&m=191107437&r=689100247#689100247

• 1 month later...

Hey forest,

I'm going in for my 4th. procedure with Dr.True on Dec.29th. I can't say enough good things about Dr.True. The bottom line is that he did an EXCELLENT job on my hair. I was your typical male pattern baldness victim, now even people that see me everyday still can't tell that I had anything done. It's pretty much undetectable! I recently ran into a client I hadn't seen in a while, he asked me what I had done? New haircut? I just shrugged it off and said "no, nothing new" Even I had forgotten that I had my hair done since the last time I had seen him. It wasn't untill the guy he was with, (a guy he works with, that knows I had it done) winked at me that I realized what he was talking about!

It was well worth it, and I would highly recomend Dr.True.

P.S. After 2 procedures it looked great, I just figured it would look even better with additional prcedures, (and it does!)

ms47

• 3 weeks later...

Do not know much about him, several posts about the history of the clinics he has been associated with. Search here, Google and other websites.

The surgical center is in NYC so if you are in New England there are other, closer options for you.

Good luck!!!

Dr. True and Dr. Dorin are excellent. I had my transplant done on Nov 10, 2004. Dr. True has alot of experience in the field of Hair Restoration. The procedure was painless and very professional. My local doctor was very impressed on how they closed the donor area when he removed the sutures.

Robert the forum moderator captured the entire day as he was present for my surgery.

The Day

Update

• 1 month later...

Forest179,

I am 3.5 months post-op from my second hair transplant with Dr. True in Manhatten. In May 2003 I was progressing toward a Norwood 5A with thin coverage over the whole top of my head (non-uniform 20%-40% my teenage mid-scalp/crown/vertex density) and the right-side of my front hair line was super-thin. Since I have dark brown hair and a somewhat fair complexion, I had A LOT OF SEE-THRU under good lighting. My donor density was below average, but I have the positive qualities of pretty coarse and wavy hair. I had 1503 FU grafts transplanted in June 2003 for coverage and 1309 more 3.5 months ago to add density. I am very pleased overall so far! I'm starting to see my second transplant really begin to grow in and I certainly have enough hair from the first transplant alone to look TOTALLY fine at this point regardless. I can't tell you how sweet it is not to be self-conscious of a bald crown/vertex when sitting down out in public any more! My life has been enhanced considerably! I attended a dinner party with several friends on day 4 post-op HT #2 with only Toppik to hide the scabs (left baseball cap home) and no one noticed a thing! Trust me -- my one friend definitely would have said something if he noticed!!! Instead, he complimented me on my appearance! I know it had a lot to do with my hair because it was the main thing that was different. It made me laugh on the inside I was forced to go Ceasar-style (kind of like Rusty in Ocean's 11 -- although I'm hardly any Brad Pitt) to cover the hair-line scabs and it resurrected a look I only wear occasionally. I did not think it was possible to be so presentable on Day 4 post-op with all those scabs!! I've had a very good experience with Dr. True and do recommend him. I'm so looking forward to the next several months of growth!! It is not an understatement to say Dr. True (and Finesteride) have significantly elevated my quality of life by reversing my hair loss and pretty much eliminating that area of self-consciousness. I hope this helps.

GratefulHead

• Administrators

GratefulHead,

Your excitement reminds me of how I felt when after years of fighting a losing battle with hair loss my hair transplants started growing in like a werewolf and hair loss was running scared. Good Times!

Thanks for the good memories.

Pat (The Recovering Bald Guy)

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.