Graftcyte over the internet?

Hi I am from the UK and am after some Graftcyte spray to help with the healing of my post op scabs/crusts.

Has anybody purchased any from the internet? Do the stockists ship it to the UK? I've had a good look on the Google and even Ebay but I can't seem to find any stockists, just information on the product. I would need to get the Graftcyte mailed to the UK so I would appreciate it if someone could provide links to some online retailers.

Thanks

BAL

The comments/statements made above are my opinion only.

898 Scar Revision and Staple Cycle Experiment - Dr Feller & Dr Rogers (Nov'06)

2200 Strip - Dr Feller (Nov'05)

4 bad surgeries at Hosp Grp

Hi I am from the UK and am after some Graftcyte spray to help with the healing of my post op scabs/crusts.

Has anybody purchased any from the internet? Do the stockists ship it to the UK? I've had a good look on the Google and even Ebay but I can't seem to find any stockists, just information on the product. I would need to get the Graftcyte mailed to the UK so I would appreciate it if someone could provide links to some online retailers.

Thanks

BAL

Plus could someone give me an indication of the quanity I will be needing and how long I should use it for? I am currently on day 4 after my procedure.

Thanks

Graftcyte is an excellent product. It has the most value in the first week after the procedure. If you are already 4-5 days out you probably will not be able to get in time for it to make much of a difference. I give it to all my patients and include it in the price of the surgery.

• Administrators

Dr. Charles,

Great to see you on the forum and providing good sound input. It really elevates the discussion to have a top hair restoration physician like you weighing in.

Thanks, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Hi BAL,

Hey, welcome to this forum! Wow, I just received an e-mail from someone in Toronto asking me the same thing.

Here's the deal. Several years ago there were some changes at the executive level of Procyte and then some subsequent changes in how they distribute their products. They used to retail the product to the public online but now "only" distibute through their network of approved Physicians and some third parties.

Here's my suggestion. Go to www.procyte.com and click on the Physician Products folder. Then click on Physicians' Links and there you will find their US network. The HT doctors are listed at the bottom of the page. You can contact one of them and see if they will ship to you if you pre-pay them the shipping charges. There's a clinic in Canada also.

You can also check www.bizrate.com for online Procyte product orders and surf www.skinplanet.com which carries every Procyte HT post-op related product. All Tricomin shampoos too! Best wishes to you.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

P.S. The corporate merger of Procyte with PhotoMedex was approved March 18, this year. FYI in case the labeling changes, etc.

P.S.S. I too echo thanks to Dr. Charles' participation! icon_smile.gif

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Thanks Dr. Charles and Gillenator for your help. I have enquired about Graftcyte from the www.procyte.com link and am still waiting for a response. They must be very busy.

I am now on my 8th day after my procedure so from what Dr Charles said, buying the product would no longer be benefical for me so I'll probablly stick to using saline solution to keep my graft area moist. Do others agree that thats the best plan for me now?

I will certainly keep enquiring about the product incase I require future procedures so I can get the product in advance. Its a shame Graftcyte isn't readily available in the UK. It's pretty unheard of. I had only heard about it through this informed forum.

Thanks again

BAL