Hair transplant surgery in Turkey

maxzor

I have been following this forum for a couple of months now especially after my hair transplantation surgery in Turkey. It is informative and sometimes even amusing. It also helps get you pass through the hardest time of transplantation suregery (the waiting process).

I have had my surgery done in Istanbul at the Transmed clinic (also recommended on this site) exactly 2 months ago. I am originally from Turkey but I live in the Netherlands. During my 5 weeks holiday in Turkey I have had my surgery. I know this is ideal if you want nobody to know you have had surgery. But I had to tell my mother and she made sure everybody else knew about it. Which I didn't care much. Allthough everytime I saw someone after my surgery they wanted to see my head icon_smile.gif

Surgery:

1 week before surgery I had a consultation with the doctor and he told me that he could approximately harvest 2500 grafts. My donor density is relatively low (65-70 grafts/cm tops), but for an asian that may be average. I have relatively thick and (I used to have) wavy hair.

During the surgery the surgeon was able to harvest 3200 grafts. Since I already paid upfront for 2500 grafts I didn't have to pay the extra grafts which was nice. The next day I had a follow up and a technician showed me how to wash my hair.

Two weeks later on the day of leaving Turkey I dropped by the clinic to get my stitches removed and to get a technician look at my progress.

My surgery was almost painless and I have recovered well. After two weeks my scabs were off and no sign of the suregery, so the moment I was in the Netherlands no one could actually tell I have had a surgery.

The clinic is professional and made me feel comfortable. I can reach the doctor with my questions by phone. I have also emailed them and got reply within the same day.

I know in the end it's about the end result, so I have to wait before I can recommend them. But the surgery and the after care made you feel that they care about you and that you are not just a number.

Take care,

Max

I have been following this forum for a couple of months now especially after my hair transplantation surgery in Turkey. It is informative and sometimes even amusing. It also helps get you pass through the hardest time of transplantation suregery (the waiting process).

I have had my surgery done in Istanbul at the Transmed clinic (also recommended on this site) exactly 2 months ago. I am originally from Turkey but I live in the Netherlands. During my 5 weeks holiday in Turkey I have had my surgery. I know this is ideal if you want nobody to know you have had surgery. But I had to tell my mother and she made sure everybody else knew about it. Which I didn't care much. Allthough everytime I saw someone after my surgery they wanted to see my head icon_smile.gif

Surgery:

1 week before surgery I had a consultation with the doctor and he told me that he could approximately harvest 2500 grafts. My donor density is relatively low (65-70 grafts/cm tops), but for an asian that may be average. I have relatively thick and (I used to have) wavy hair.

During the surgery the surgeon was able to harvest 3200 grafts. Since I already paid upfront for 2500 grafts I didn't have to pay the extra grafts which was nice. The next day I had a follow up and a technician showed me how to wash my hair.

Two weeks later on the day of leaving Turkey I dropped by the clinic to get my stitches removed and to get a technician look at my progress.

My surgery was almost painless and I have recovered well. After two weeks my scabs were off and no sign of the suregery, so the moment I was in the Netherlands no one could actually tell I have had a surgery.

The clinic is professional and made me feel comfortable. I can reach the doctor with my questions by phone. I have also emailed them and got reply within the same day.

I know in the end it's about the end result, so I have to wait before I can recommend them. But the surgery and the after care made you feel that they care about you and that you are not just a number.

Take care,

Max

Max,

Congratulations on your recent hair transplant with Transmed. Can I assume your surgery was performed by Dr. K??lah?§i? She does quality work. There hasn't been a lot of her work published on our discussion forum so I hope you'll take the time to share some photos with us by creating a photo album and hair loss weblog.

Heal and grow well!

Bill

Thank you Bill,

Actually the surgery is performed by another doctor of transmed, Dr. Apaydin. I was a bit worried because he is their least experienced HT doctor, but the fact that he had plenty experience as a plastic surgeon and had succesfully followed the trainigsprogram of Transmed made me comfortable.

I will create a photo album as soon as possible.

Maxzor,

I am not familiar with Dr. Apaydin's work. Just to clarify, Dr. Apaydin is not on our recommended list however, that does not mean he doesn't do quality work.

I hope you'll post pictures and keep us uptated on your progress so we be here to offer support and we can see some of his work.

Bill