aggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

skinnyvi

recently had 2600 ht 3 weeks ago saturday mostly in frontal area, some crown area. used graftcyte, graftcyte shampoo & conditioner, rogaine & porpecia. after 2 weeks i looked great. all the "little hairs" were there in place. then-------SHOCKLOSS!!! now i look like poop! when will the shockloss stop. i am losing more & more everyday!! all the "little hairs" are in little hair heaven. what now??!! will it come back? thanks guys!

recently had 2600 ht 3 weeks ago saturday mostly in frontal area, some crown area. used graftcyte, graftcyte shampoo & conditioner, rogaine & porpecia. after 2 weeks i looked great. all the "little hairs" were there in place. then-------SHOCKLOSS!!! now i look like poop! when will the shockloss stop. i am losing more & more everyday!! all the "little hairs" are in little hair heaven. what now??!! will it come back? thanks guys!

Skinnyvi,

There is a 3 month time frame where you can actually look "worse" than pre-HT, especially if it is your 1st HT. Believe me I have been there ! Keep the faith, this is common.

NW

skinnyvi:

I don't think you are having Shock Loss. You are seeing the normal process of the shedding of the tranplanted hairs. They'll be back with a purpose and avengence, be sure.

Shock loss is when native hair that wasn't transplanted falls out when hairs are transplanted near to them. That happens to some people. It didn't happen to me, though.

I shed 90%+ of my transplanted hair by month 1. That sucks, and there is no way to avoid the fact that it'll get you down a bit. But it is just "hair you put in escrow", and it'll be paid in full with interest later on.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

Hey skinnyvi

I couldn't agree with you more. My situation at 6 week postop is same. My shock began around 3 week time and is still in progress. I had lots of native hair and have lost them in tons, so much so that people have actually noticed my "sudden baldness".It sucks man, but I am hoping this pain will lead to some gain 6 months from now. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Let's see. Good luck to you and me!

I know your pain, I,m about 8 weeks post-op. I have a very thin amount of hair from the HT, but if I look at my scalp under an intra-oral camera there are some new short hairs showing up. Hope this will continue and proliferate. Hang in there.