I would like to share something that I found that works!!

Guest rmscheer

Guest rmscheer

The skeptic that Iam I have truly tried everything. I was going to have a transplant and I came across an emu oil regimen in my research. I'd tried everything else so I thought why not and boy Im glad I did! Within 2 weeks my wife noticed growth on my crown (peach fuzz) and now 3 months into my treatment I have growth on my crown and my front hairline. This stuff is amazing and it works! I'm so happy I found it and I thought I would share it with all of you because I know my own pain. Good luck to all of you!!

It certainly has therapeutic properties, but I must admit that I, too, am skeptical on it's regrowth potential.

Anyone else have any experience that they would like to share?

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

He wasn't specific about the brand of emu oil so I don't think there is much benefit to be gained by his post.

Although I would still prefer to see some pre/post pics detailing the growth.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

• 3 years later...
emu oil

Emu oil is very much beneficial for hair.

The most important property of emu oil has already been mentioned. It is highly penetrating. This ability to penetrate the stratum corneum barrier of the skin, brought about by the high levels of oleic acid, has in it the basis for many new uses in the future. Emu oil could be combined with various medicinals or cosmetic materials to take them beneath this barrier and could do it relatively more cheaply and as effectively as the costly liposomes and iontophorisis now available. At the present time, physicians specializing in hair growth are using emu oil for this penetrating ability because it gets into the scalp and enhances the potency of topical medications, in addition to making them last lasts longer.

It is anti-inflammatory, which may be in part why it stimulates hair growth. Emu Oil has also been shown to be a 5 alpha reeducates inhibitor in target tissues when topically applied, which likely contributes significantly to its hair growth properties.

Emu oil is a good emulsifier, has good "blend ability." This means that it has the ability to blend oil and water together and produce a cream that does not feel oily on the skin or scalp. The problem is that most topical hair loss treatments do not penetrate the skin barrier very well. Emu oil can penetrate the skin barrier and do so without leaving an oily residue behind. This bodes very well for its future use in cosmetics as well as pharmaceutical uses.

A third important property of emu oil is that it is bacteriostatic. Tests show that in its pure state, emu oil grows no bacterial organisms. Pure pharmaceutical grade emu oil has a long shelf life for this reason and also because of its low levels of polyunsaturated fats which are the most subject to oxidation and eventual rancidity. This bacteriostatic activity will be of great help in future uses both cosmetically and pharmaceutically, and is essential for treating hair loss, as bacterial infiltrates have been shown to be present in MPB.

Emu oil has no potential for irritation of the skin and scalp. It is shown to have no side effects, and this means that even at full strength, emu oil has irritation levels so low that they are the same as those found in putting water on the skin, i.e. nonexistent. This enhances its abilities in topical hair loss treatment and sports medicine as well. This characteristic is unusual and it also betters its position as an anti-inflammatory because most of the anti-inflammatory drugs are irritating and have side effects.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...