how long to heal an what to do while healing away from home

hi guys im considering a ht this year think im going to go to canada just wondering how long does it take for a strip ht to heal so people at home would not notice i have had the work done..also what do people usually do if they dont want to go home before they are healed.thanks

The healing process is very much gradual and it is easy to pinpoint some remnant of your HT for quite some time; redness in your recipient area and the donor region being the primary areas of concern...but it is also worth mentioning that if your head gets partially buzzed for your op you will look a bit lik a klingon (w/o a hat) up until you get your staples/sutures out and buzz your head to even things out.

This is aesthetics -- pain is often resolved rather quickly after a couple weeks from what I understand. For me personally, I am 1week out and besides some minor itching/pain in my donor when I sleep I am totally fine. As well, fyi, my recipient area looks surprisingly normal already, like a decent buzzcut. I am still, however, sporting a wacky looking "haircut", and without a hat or in the company of a select few I will lay low for another week or so.

I think you have to define "healed", though, to really determine your specific answers: lack of moderate pain, absolutely no pain; look fairly normal, look totally normal; etc. If you don't want to go home before you are "heaed", I would think you'd have to turn your HT trip into a lowkey vacation of sorts.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Tough question to answer. I am going to say that typically you are looking at approx. 3-4 weeks to be at a stage where most things will look OK. Ofcourse there are several variables that could change this but for the most part this is about right.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

I agree with Nelly. The key point from a cosmetic standpoint is the length of the remaining hair. If it is "longish" you can conceal the work in about 8-10 days, if not you have a long haul as everything takes time.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

hi .im number six on the scale so id have to shave the top,how long would be the best length for the back an sides so as to cover the staples?..as id be in a different country if it took may be 3 weeks to heel is dare a place people can go while on the mend or is it upto yourself where you go...thanks