Hair cloning, etc... would it be worth the wait?

New technology involving hair growth I guess is being reserached right now. In 5-10 years, who knows, we could be able to grow our old hair back.. The stuff we had in high school! Does anyone ever get the thought to wait on hair transplantation til maybe we get some great thing to make native hair grow on our heads? Part of me is optomistic, saying. "Man I am glad it is not the 1980's and there is no alternative to hair loss." Then the negative side says, "Man, I wish we were 100 years into the future, I am sure NO ONE will be bald in 100 years, there must be hair growth products that work right and left."

New technology involving hair growth I guess is being reserached right now. In 5-10 years, who knows, we could be able to grow our old hair back.. The stuff we had in high school! Does anyone ever get the thought to wait on hair transplantation til maybe we get some great thing to make native hair grow on our heads? Part of me is optomistic, saying. "Man I am glad it is not the 1980's and there is no alternative to hair loss." Then the negative side says, "Man, I wish we were 100 years into the future, I am sure NO ONE will be bald in 100 years, there must be hair growth products that work right and left."

I wouldn't hold your breath in this case for a couple reasons (unless...). If and when a true breakthrough occurs, there is a good chance, from what I understand, that the.....application....of the newfound (cloned, multiplied, etc.) follicles will be similiar if not the same to current tecniques. So, what is happening is that your donor is getting augmented, but the surgery itself will remain the same -- except you may not have to every get a "strip scar". The one exception to this would be a marvelous pill that doesn't just STOP hairloss, but somehow regrows lost/dead follicles.....

At the same time, if we had a vast if not infinite donor supply AND we had a strip scar, I would think the strip scar could for sure be remedied 'post facto'....

Anyways, with the exception of an advent in the expansion of donor -- and this could come from a form of FUE, if not cloning/HM -- it seems the current methodology has reached a pinnacle of sorts.

The biggest question (though I think it's a relative easy one) is whether to flock to a BHT/mondo-FUE clinic now, or to wait *that* out.....

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Interesting. I think we are a ways off. Believe it or not, Tom Arnold (yes the actor and best dam sports host) is actively involved in hair farming and hair cloning. He has even discussed it in some interviews in the past. He has had HT since the early 90's and has had several procedures that he has discussed. But I remember he is involved--probably as a financial supporter of research or as a trial patient with this.

SMOOTHY

Dr. Shapiro

Propecia/Rogaine xtra

MSM/Saw Palmetto

Nioxin Shampoo line

Zrii 3oz daily