Hair Transplant Help ! How many grafts

Try contacting DAMO on doctors to go to. Nobody here can give you an acurate number of grafts, none of us are doctors. You will definitely hear some good suggestions on how many grafts, but don't put your hopes on our suggestions for grafts. If this is your first HT, which it probably is, do MANY consults. There are some docs out there that you can mail pic to and get a pretty good consult from. And before you decide on which doc and where --READ READ READ READ READ READ READ this forum and then read it AGAIN!! Check around here and you'll find that everyone who did research herre and anywhere else for that matter, seems to be very pleased with their HT. The first HT (in my opinion) is the most important. If it's the right doc and the right amount and the right timing, it can be an uplifting & life improving experience. The first HT isn't the end of hairloss, it's the begining of strategy to fight against it. With the right planning you can have good amounts of hair on your head for majority of your life. If anything is wrong, it can be a an even bigger heartbreaker than loosing your hair in the first place. You can read about this phenomenon all over this forum.

Personally my HT was 2000+. I have no regrets, I see good results so far, and can expect the results to get better as time goes on. Here's what mine looks like so far http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f...6060861/m/8401084841

Study this forum, check out other forums, and do more than one consult. I say this because I thought the first consult was gonna be the "ONE", I found this site a week later and realized I would have been butchered and worse off pysically/emotionally. Sorry if this sounds harsh. But either way - good luck bro!!!!

Shiny Side Up!!

• Administrators

Down Under,

Welcome to our forum. As you can see from Tymman's post we have some great regulars on this forum who are happy to help. But ultimately you need to sit down with a qualified physician and get a medical opinion.

It looks like you are loosing the hair on top rapidly. You may want to consider getting on Propecia to stem your losses and stabalize your hair loss. Stabalizing your hair loss may also minimize any shock fall out you may have from a hair transplant.

Dr. Martinick in Australia has a great reputation for quality work and is recomended on this site. To learn more about her .click here.

Best wishes, Pat

P.S. Check out our animated graft calculator if you want to make ball park estimates about the ammount of transplants you may need.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Thanks Pat n tymman

Well does anyone has expirence with Dr. Jennifer from Australia. Please post some pics, i tried to search but few handfull photos i need some more photos from her , which can make me sure of what im doing. Any pics of Dr. Arvind ??? Pat i also wanted to know is Propecia a prescription medicine? and what are its side effects! Do help....

Thanks

A Yes for Propecia. I was reading an article in 'Men's Health' magazine that implied that a male who might live long enough will eventually develop prostrate cancer. Finasteride blocks the enzyme (DHT) that converts testosterone into a form that enlarges the prostate gland and eventually becomes cancerous. Same form of testosterone that enlarges prostrate also causes hairs predisposed to shinking to minuaturise. I can only attest to my experience but I am convinced that propecia has played a positive role in rolling back my hairloss, along with surgery. I think the side effects are min. for most men but include reduced sex drive. I believe this drug is not for women and if I recall very bad for pregnant women. I take propecia every day. Some guys on here take it every second day.

JacobS,

I read the same article. It was more than a little unsettling, especially when it said, "With prostate cancer, it is not 'if' it's 'when.' Any man that lives long enough will eventually get prostate cancer."

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Originally posted by Forum Moderator and Satisfied Patient:

JacobS,

I read the same article. It was more than a little unsettling, especially when it said, "With prostate cancer, it is not 'if' it's 'when.' Any man that lives long enough will eventually get prostate cancer."

-Robert

Well, that is obviously a little bit of an overstatement. My grandfather recently passed away at 93 and he didn't ever get it. My great uncle is now 89 and he doesn't have it. There has been quite a bit of longevity on my mothers side of the family, even some men living into their 100's. None of them had prostate cancer.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Originally posted by JacobS:

A Yes for Propecia. I was reading an article in 'Men's Health' magazine that implied that a male who might live long enough will eventually develop prostrate cancer. Finasteride blocks the enzyme (DHT) that converts testosterone into a form that enlarges the prostate gland and eventually becomes cancerous. Same form of testosterone that enlarges prostrate also causes hairs predisposed to shinking to minuaturise. I can only attest to my experience but I am convinced that propecia has played a positive role in rolling back my hairloss, along with surgery. I think the side effects are min. for most men but include reduced sex drive. I believe this drug is not for women and if I recall very bad for pregnant women. I take propecia every day. Some guys on here take it every second day.

Is the article saying that finasteride blocks DHT, and DHT is what converts testosterone into a form that enlarges the prostate? I might be reading that wrong, but wouldn't that mean that theoretically finasteride would help reduce the risk of prostate cancer if it blocks the enzyme that is responsible?

Probably just wishful thinking, but let me know if I'm reading that wrong.

Thanks

Hey guys

Thanks for ur help.But there is very less material on Dr. Jennifer from Australia on this as well as other forums. In USA people are net savy and we can see many posts/feedbacks relating to various doctors. But i was just wondering how many people from Australia use this forum and post comments here. As far as Dr. Jennifer, the sucess rate here is 1/1 only coz i dont get to see posts from anyone other expect damo. I dont think so i will go for Woods coz its out of my budget.I have also gathered that Dr. jennifer does Strip and the sucsses rate for Strip is more than Fue.

What do u guys think?

Hey guys

After veiwing my snaps , do u guys think that use of toppik would work for me? Alteast it would add density to my exisiting hair. Can toppic be applied on blad areas? such as the temples? And how does it work? I hope the hair doesnt fall out