hair transplants, bandanas and hats... harful (?)

hey everyone.. perhaps someone can give me some advice... I had a hair transplant 3.5 weeks ago... all the frontal region. I have been wearing my bandana and hat constantly to hide the obvious and because the redness hasn't quite gone away.

I had my hair cut, and my hairdresser wondered if my wearing a bandana all day could train the new hair to grow in like a cow lick, or train the hair to go in different directions... instead of just forward like it is suppose to.

Does anyone have any ideas or advice on this... also note. I don't keep my bandana tight.. it's loose and comfortable.

Thanks.

hey everyone.. perhaps someone can give me some advice... I had a hair transplant 3.5 weeks ago... all the frontal region. I have been wearing my bandana and hat constantly to hide the obvious and because the redness hasn't quite gone away.

I had my hair cut, and my hairdresser wondered if my wearing a bandana all day could train the new hair to grow in like a cow lick, or train the hair to go in different directions... instead of just forward like it is suppose to.

Does anyone have any ideas or advice on this... also note. I don't keep my bandana tight.. it's loose and comfortable.

Thanks.

clay-

I agree with spex-

Placing anything against those growing hairs as you describe will have no effect on the ultimate direction the hair shafts will grow. That characteristic is under the complete control of the surgeon as he creates the recipient sites; those sites have an angle of elevation as well as a radial angle which should correspond to adjacent native hair.

And "ditto" to letting your scalp breathe as much as possible.

Sincerely,

Timothy Carman, MD ABHRS

President, (ABHRS)
ABHRS Board of Directors