Almost 4 months,and nothing I can see,am very depressed!

On March 29th I had a procedure.I had a total of 2000 grafts.1300 in the front area,and the other 700 through the part and crown,500 in the crown and 200 down the middle part area.I know 700 through the part and crown isn't alot,and I only needed some bulking up there.It's the front I'm worried about!It's been almost 4 months and I can't see any difference.In fact some of my own hair I had in the bangs area seems to have fallen out due to the "shock" of the procedure.Can anyone help me?also,is anyone familiar with Zeiring Medical clinic in Beverly hills?and Dr.James Calder?I had a smaller procedure in 2002 to the front of 600 grafts with a different doctor and wasn't too happy with the results so I went to Zeiring Medical because they supposedly had a great Reputation(which I'm not disputing at this point).I am a musician and my image is VERY,VERY important to me and I'm starting to feel very depressed.I see pictures where at 4 months people are seeing very recognizable results.I feel so lost,this was not easy money to come by and i had such high hopes when I had this done.Anyone with experience to offer please get back to me soon,I need some hope,or a reality check at least.

Thanks you,Eric

unfortunatley everyones results are different. It is common for some to not see results untill 6-7 months. I Think you have to just wait a bit longer. The waiting game is very emotional. At 4 months its still too early to worry. Hang in there

Thanks for getting back to me,I'd appreciate all the info people have to offer.ALSO,one other thing I forgot to mention is that lately,maybe the last couple months,my scalp is VERY itchy at times.So much so where I rub,not scratch(and usually with my fingertips only)quite vigourously cause it drives me crazy.Is this all related to what seems to be a slow,or delayed growth process??or is the itching maybe even a good sign that there's something going on up there?lastly,after going threw the pages of this site I found one posting on Ziering Medical clinic and it didn't leave me with the best hope in the world as well.Although Dr.Calder did the work,NOT Dr.Ziering.Anyhow,all info would be appreciated.Thanks again,Eric

basskat64,

If your hair is very itchy start using Nizoral 2%. I wish I used this sooner myself because I was literally scratching my hair out. This is the only shampoo that has worked for me.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

Hello, I was in the same boat as you lots of shock loss and no results at 4 months, I am at a little over 5 months and lots of stuff happening. I can tell you at 4 months I looked ALOT worse than pre surgery. I still feel stuble at 5 months and about 10 days (hair coming in). I think I am a late bloomer, and can tell you to be patient. Yes, its tough, I have been on a roller coaster of thinking this was a good thing to thinking it was a big mistake. Hang in there!

Relax

I'm 6 months into my 2nd HT and I am just seeing some results. everyone goes through what you are feeling.. With 2900 you will be very happy at the end of 12 months.. Unfortunately we all have to wait

Good luck

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Michael, I have followed your progress closely as I had very similiar hairloss and surgery roughly about the same time (2650 FU's for me). You seem very pleased with your progess and I think you look great, congrats.

Cheers

Trust me

5 months from now you will be damn happy you did it.. The waiting is the hardest part. Maybe that's what Tom Petty meant. He could use a HT as well icon_smile.gif

Good luck

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I was 6 months yesterday and I have some growth but it is nothing like I have seen on this site. I think what throws everyone off is that there are pictures on here at 6 months that are incredible. My hair looks natural its just that it is very thin and I can not control it. Consequently, I have continued cutting it short until the texture is more like my other hair. I know from my research it can take a year sometimes for the stuff that makes hair look like and act like hair to recover.

• 3 years later...